How to ship a chair if it sells

Does anyone know if a chair has to be boxed up or if I can apply or tie the label directly onto it?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

I guess it depends what type of chair it is? Best to box it up. Unless you want it to get damaged in transit.

if being sent by Royal Mail you can't tie a label as they don't allow  string on packaging of items.

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

You have the chair listed starting at an auction price of £0.99 so it could well sell for that price,  do you really want the trouble and effort of buying the packaging for this which will cost you well over your item's listed sale price?

Personally,  whilst there still time, and no bids,  I woulld revise it to Collection only,  you narrow your field of buyers but  remove the trouble and cost of packing that item.

Here's all you need to know about revising a listing: https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/revising-listing?id=4356  

@k28656 

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

You would need to box the chair so think about where you would get a suitable (free) box unless you already have one available.

I think a chair would be a large Parcelforce item and the postage you have on the listing would not cover the cost of sending it, especially when Ebay take their 12.8% fee, which does get taken off the postage as well.

I would go with the suggestion from @tressygirl and change that one to collection only.

Or, if you are willing to sell it for 99p (less Ebay fees of about 45p) take it to a charity shop instead and save yourself the bother.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Best end the chair listing and donate to a charity where someone will be happy to take it and upcyle it, as it says it needs work and you will loose out if it sells for the start price,as ebay will take fees.

Also look at upgrading to a Business Account rather than a private one on ebay, as your selling Brand new items and that requires you to comply with ebay policies and UK law,see here, Business seller policy 

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent