How do I get help with two gift cards that I rubbed too hard and removed part of the code

I rubbed part of the code off two cards

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

How do I get help with two gift cards that I rubbed too hard and removed part of the code

papso22
Experienced Mentor

If you can't use them because you have rubbed the codes off you need to seek help from the gift card issuer.

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

This would be nothing to do with your seller or eBay.

Do as advised and see if you can contact the card issuer (there's usually a serial code on the gift card as well as the bit that you rub off, and they may be able to help if this is the case). Be aware that you may have lost your money here if the issuer can't help.

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

I'm the purchaser. The store doesn't take returns.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

@jofinn-99 wrote:

I'm the purchaser. The store doesn't take returns.

Why should they take a return for something you have damaged?

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

The cards haven't been used at all.  And I have receipts 

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Was told that this could be fixed. And I think the codes should be a little more durable 

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

@jofinn-99 wrote:

But your actions may have made them unusable, the receipts may help the issuer reinstate the value for you.

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

These are the UK boards and you are in United States, best log into your designated site - https://www.ebay.com/

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

@plpmr wrote:

These are the UK boards and you are in United States, best log into your designated site - https://www.ebay.com/

Ah, the place where ebay gift cards are available,  unlike here in the UK.  Explains a lot. 

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

@jofinn-99 wrote:

What does that mean, even?

In your opening post you stated "I rubbed part of the code off two cards".

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent