Having problem with seller

I am a 68yr old disabled woman I am having a problem with a seller, I ordered a kitchen worktop it arrived no tracking, i paid ro a carpenter to cut and fit it into my existing worktop but wht the seller sent me was not like the listing and not like my worktop, i messages the seller with to and throw meaasges, they was saying it was the same worktop they sent, i sent them picture to show it wasnt, then on the 17th april the courier who delivered it turned up and took it away saying to my daughter ill be back next week and that was over a week ago. I messaged the seller and he said the warehouse will collect it, i messaged back saying hes warehouse has already collected, I have messaged them but now they seem as if they don't want to know. I have tried to get help from Ebay but I just can't get to tell them what is going on. I feel cheated i can't afford to lose £60.

20240410_123245.jpg

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

It is difficut to understand what has gone on here. Did you open an Item not as described case? That would explain why the courier came and tok it back.

If you did open a case you need a tracking number to show that the seller has the item back, and normally you would escalate your case to get ebay to step in and refund you.

Can you say exactly what you have done including dates etc.

******************************************************************************************
Powered by cats Cat Happy
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

I think you're saying that you received the wrong pattern of worktop, and that after you contacted the seller they arranged for it to be collected and returned on the promise of sending a correct one?

Unfortunately, from what you have told us it doesn't appear that you opened any return request through eBay, which should have been a money back guarantee case if the worktop was not as described.

The problem now is that eBay would have required you to provide a tracking number to prove that the item was returned to the seller. Unless whoever collected it gave you a tracking number you probably won't have one.

It is also unclear whether the item was returned in the condition supplied, or your carpenter had already cut it to fit your kitchen? If so, I imagine it may be near impossible to get a refund.

I'm sorry that I can't offer more hope, but frankly I don't know what to advise. You can contact eBay customer support, but it's hard to imagine that eBay or anyone else will refund you unless the item was returned in the condition supplied and with tracking proof of delivery.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Yes I understand, the carpenter didn't cut or remove its packaging, it went back yhe same as it was delivered, the courier came without notice and my daughter and husband was in my house I was in hospital she said he told her he came to collect the work top and would bring another next week, she thought this was pre arranged, I have had enough of Ebay this is not the only time I have had a problem  with a seller, so I will try to get my money back then goodbye Ebay.

Thanks for your kind helpful replies 

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent