Feedback

A buyer has left negative feedback for not replying to a message which was not received by the seller.

Ebay has messaged to say:
Unfortunately we won’t be able to remove this comment because it doesn’t violate any of our Feedback policies.

Suggestions please.

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Feedback

eBay Customer Services is correct here,  no feedback rules are broken so they will not remove the feedback.  No point contacting them again nce this decision is made.

Message the buyer try and explain the issue in not receiving this message, apologise profusely,  and if they are appeased,  you can send them a feedback revision to complete.

If they do not agree, then you can leave a follow up to that feedback.  One tip,  be very polite explain the issue factualy other potential buyers can read it,  and it will speak volumes as to what kind of seller you are, and how you deal with issues.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Feedback

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

Sellers are not "required" to answer questions and there can be good reason why they can't or don't.

eBay used to remove feedback left because a seller hadn't done something that eBay didn't require them to do.

There are so many questions now about eBay refusing to remove unfair feedback that I think something has changed. My guess is that staff have been told not to waste time on feedback that doesn't specifically violate eBay's feedback policies.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Feedback

thanks,

where does it say that sellers are not required to answer questions?

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Feedback

thanks,

how do i send them a feedback revision? 

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Feedback

Where sellers are required to do something, eBay states this.

eBay does not state that sellers are required to answer questions. 

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Feedback

In fact ebay allows sellers to apply a setting that blocks all communication.  perhaps they think that if you haven't done this you should answer, ignoring their own glitchy messaging system!

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Feedback

I think it's in different places depending on the device you are using.

Go to your Feedback page, either to the right of that negative feedback, or at the very bottom of the feedback page you will see ....   Send Feedback Revision

@rjtreasure 

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent