Closing a Request and Opening a Return

An item I ordered did not arrive on the date advertised so I opened a request to get a refund. The item arrived a few days later, as it was too late I wish to return it for refund.

My question is, if I close the 'request' will I still be able start a refund?  It says I cannot start a refund as I have request open,  but I'm concerned that if I close the request I won't be able to do anything.

Anyone else done this?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

plum993
Experienced Mentor

What is the reason for returning the item?

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Your question is not as straightforward as it seems.

If you have opened an 'item not received' case and the item does arrive and you have a valid reason to return it, yes, you close the 'item not received' case and open a return.

If the item has arrived after the LATEST estimated delivery date shown in the email you got from Ebay when you paid, you can open an 'item not as described' case.

However, if the item was just later than you expected, that is not a valid reason for return,

If you bought from a business seller, they have to accept returns for any reason.  You may have to pay for tracked postage back to the seller.

Private sellers do not have to accept returns.

So, lots of variables.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

In these circumstances it is the only time that you can open a second case after closing the not received case so long as you have a valid reason.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent