Buyer purchasing and paying for an appraisal item already sold

A buyer has just purchased and paid for an item I'd already sold 2 weeks ago. I don't understand how it is possible for someone to purchase an item already marked as sold. Also the icon for this sale in my recent activity list is totally different to the one for the actual item I sold. I've messaged the buyer repeatedly today but am not getting any response. The money the buyer has paid appears to be on its way to me. Am I being scammed? 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Scammers don't usually buy £10 baths.

Somehow, the item was relisted after it was sold.

You need to cancel the sale and refund the buyer.

Click on 'view order details' next to the item in your 'sold' list and choose 'cancel order' from the dropdown menu.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

You listed this item twice, under different listing numbers.

However this happened, you're stuck with it. Best to apologise profusely to the second buyer, explain that you only had the one bath and hope that they will let you mark the sale as cancelled with their agreement. Otherwise, if you have to cancel because you no longer have the item to sell eBay is liable to penalise you for making a seller-initiated cancellation.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent