Buyer asking for a refund

Hi I need some advice...I sold a watch on the 8th of April

The buyer has had the watch for 10 days now

And now they're saying that today is the first day they have worn it and that it has broken

And want a refund...what do I do?...I don't think I'm responsible as they've had the watch for 10 days now and the watch was in used condition but okay when I posted it...I need advice please.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

The seller needs to open a return.

If you want the watch back, you will have to pay for tracked postage to get it back.

If it was a really low cost item, personally, I would apologise, ask the buyer to open a case, and refund them without return.

Even if they have had the watch for a few days, it shouldn't break on the first day they wore it.

Ebay guarantee all items for 30 days so you are liable to refund,

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

plum993
Experienced Mentor

If the buyer opens a return request for item doesn't match the description or photo's, because it doesn't work,Within 30 days of the estimated delivery date,then you libel to send them a prepaid return label,(if you want the watch back) and then refund in within 3 days of getting it back.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Too late to edit my previous post but I did mean the BUYER needs to open a case.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent