Bought a full kit online - Garage opened it and parts were missing

Hi, 

What an absolute nightmare, I bought a full rear disk brake system, so drums, shoes, srpings etc. everything needed for the back braks of my car to be done. 

When the parcel got delivered from Germany I was in such a hurry that I never opened it and checked, the garage then called me later on and said your cars is ready for collection, however when we opened the box there wasn't any brake shoes in the parcel so we bought some for £51.00 as the car was on the ramp and of course I was going to need them. 

What can I do if anything, the seller hasn't responded, the garage is willing to talk with them via email and confirm that parts were missing. 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

To use ebay MBG you need to open item not as described case and return item for full refund.

Obviously you can't do that now.

So it is between you and seller, ebay won't help.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Thank you, I have pointed the seller to this thread. 

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

If you didn't open the box and check the contents before handing it over to the garage I can't see a way of pursuing this. 

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

I know, what a complete nightmare, the only thing I was hoping is for them to check the postage label and the weight of the parcel, without the brake shoes then it would be lighter..

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent