Being asked to provide a video of faulty item by sellers AI which is impossible.

I bought a Radio Control handset which arrived in good time. When fitting batteries to it, it won't switch on. Yet, if I connect a charger to it, it functions perfectly.

I have contacted the the seller twice. All I get is an automated message asking me to make a short video of the problem and send them the 'YouTube' link via eBay messages....

Basically I am being ignored.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Being asked to provide a video of faulty item by sellers AI which is impossible.

Within the eBay's 30 days Guarantee - Open an eBay Case for 'not as described' as the item is not working when batteries are fitted.

Do not close the case until eBay has sorted it out for you.  If the Seller responds to the case by asking for the item to be returned, ask eBay for a Return Postage label.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

As advised, start a return case.

You don't need to send the seller a video.  I would advise you not to message them again, just get a return started before you run out of time.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/returns-items-not-received-refunds-buyers/return-item-refund?id=4...

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent