Auction won but cancelled by seller stating something was wrong with my address

Can someone at eBay or the Community tell me how true the following statement is?

"If you refuse to sell to the winning bidder, you will get a defect from Ebay along with probable negative feedback."

The reason I ask is because of the Subject header.

After I made payment the seller took out several eBay methods of shipment labels & by doing so the item automatically received eBay's 'despatched' but the intentions were never to send the goods and by cancelling + refunding my payment, that also eliminates any chance of negative feedback.

This in turn gave this seller the opportunity to relist the same goods all over again (under the same eBay selling conditions) which they duely did on another 24hr auction finishing today. 

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

If the seller chooses 'issue with buyer's address', they do not get a selling defect.

You can still leave negative feedback.

Keep it short and honest.

You can also report the seller to Ebay for cancelling for a false reason.

Hopefully, they have refunded you.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Thanks for that!

The refund isn't the problem but its definately a 'false reason' + I've purchased another quite expensive attachment to fit onto the cancelled item & that unfortunately can't be returned.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

I also found it interesting while leaving negative feedback, that eBay's reason for cancellation couldn't be found anywhere?

Having seen it mentioned before I must assume that it has now been erased, hence no 'false reason' by its elimination!

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

You have to be careful how you phrase a feedback, as there are rules to follow.

Any mention of a case,  refund or anything to do with an eBay intervention,  and the seller can ask for its removal.

In your case something like....   Very disappointed as seller did not complete the transaction.  Will be sufficent.

@imposs 

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

"Rules to follow" is a very, very interesting concept!

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent