Account at risk

Got a message to say my account is at risk as it's fallen below the eBay standard. I posted an item 1 day after I as supposed to as I was on holiday and got negative feedback. I've sold around 1000 items and get this message. What should I do?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Account at risk

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Look at lowering your postage costs as it doesn't cost £5 to post a t-shirt!

Also mind your manners when selling,and look to grit your teeth when things don't go well,like many sellers have to do 😉

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Account at risk

papso22
Experienced Mentor

You need to look at your seller dashboard for why you are below standard. 

To improve you need to dilute the defects with trouble free sales,  which is not an easy thing to do.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Account at risk

Make sure you post everything out on time as you go forward - and, even more importantly, always mark as despatched or add any tracking promptly so Ebay can see you have posted your items out.

Over time, your account will come back to  'Above Standard'.

Ebay will probably email you monthly to remind you that you are 'below standard' - I was in a similar situation for a year after a parcel with 4 small, low cost items failed to arrive with an overseas buyer.

They opened a case.  I asked them to wait a few more days to see if the parcel arrived on the Monday and they agreed.  They asked Ebay to step in on the Saturday.  Case closed with no seller resolution and I was below standard for a year - impossible to do anything as I have very few overseas sales.

My attitude is 'It's only Ebay!'

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Account at risk

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

Adding to the advice alreadu given -

And it won't help you if buyer reports you for leaving a false positive announcing they did not pay.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent