item I sent 1st class was not received by the person who bought it from me

Hi there,

Does anyone know what I do as a buyer has contacted me saying they haven't received their item. I sent out my other items all 1st class on the same day and they have all reached the buyers. This is the 1st time this has happened to me and dont know how to resolve this? I posted without any tracking just standard 1st class.

Many thanks in advance for any help/advice u can give,

Nest regards 

View Entire Topic

I'm afraid unless you can prove the buyer received their item then you would lose an item not received case. Your proof of postage receipt only proves you posted a package on a particular day to a particular postcode, it does not prove delivery and sellers are responsible for ensuring their buyers receive their items.

You can make a online claim on RM's website or you can get a paper claim form from the post office. Include with your claim a copy of the paypal confirmation of payment email, the ebay listing page, any messages from the buyer confirming non receipt and the proof of postage receipt. Keep copies of all paperwork.

You cannot submit a claim until 10 working days after the package was due to be delivered but you must not make your buyer wait for their refund.

http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/royal-mails-retail-compensation-policy-for-loss#N...

@heart1982

Ask a question