getting paid

Hi

I have one item that has not been paid for 6 weeks now and no communicaiton from the buyer, is it ok to cancel the order?  

Second quesiton please - how long is reasonable to wait if you have agreed an offer price, invoiced and emailed twice before you cancel and relist?  I have another buyer who has not been in touch yet on a seperate item, although it has only been a few days.  I have been trying to organise a collection of this item which is quite large

Any advice appreciated

Karina

View Entire Topic

If you are selling an item, which is going to be posted then you only have to wait for 2 days for payment. After that you can open  an unpaid item dispute. That  gives the buyer a stern reminder and allows them another 4 days to pay.    You can open such a dispute up to 32 days after the sale. That would have got you a refund of the final valuation fees on the sale.   It is far too late now. It is also too late to send a cancellation, that has to be done within 30 days of the sale. You can re-list if you want to.

As for the collection item, obviously this can take time to arrange. have you messaged the buyer? You can also use advanced search at the top of the page to request their phone number.

Collection items should ideally be paid for in cash, but you cannot refuse paypal if the buyer wants to pay. You should not allow a buyer to send a courier. They need to collect it themselves. If this buyer disappears into the ethos then you should complete an unpaid item dispute against them. 

Always add non-paying bidders to your blocked bidders list.

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin