eBay invoiced 20 pounds for nothing

Original question below, just wanted to comment on the answer.
To "thisisabrandname" : thanks for giving an answer to my question in an unfriendly manner. This confirmed two things :

1. eBay has no problem taking money from its customers for NOTHING.
2. For some member to member-support dudes like "thisisabrandname" it's a blast to turn problems into new users' own fault.

To "thisisabrandname" who answered with a "if you didn't bother"... did you even read my question? I most certainly would have "bothered" to inform eBay if I HAD EVEN KNOWN that they consider the buy finalized, even without a confirmed send or feedback. Let alone that there's a great 30-day deadline to not being invoiced for never-happened sales. That's just BS.

What a bureaucratic, elitist, outdated place this is. 
And to "thisisabrandname" : get off your high horse and be a little more friendly, if you're here to help and not make yourself feel more important than you - "REALLY" - are. To the two other people replying : thanks sincerely, not what I wanted to hear but... you know.

Have a nice day.

----------

Is this really how this place operates?

I had a ghettoblaster up for sale. A user bid on it and won. After some time the user sent a message where he wanted to cancel.

Too bad, but no problem there. Thought I'd put it up again later.

I'm not an active eBayer, so a little over a month after the botched sale I put the item up again.

Noticed that there's a 19 pound invoice waiting to be paid. Now I learned that the "sale" has to be canceled to be able to apply for "fee credit" or something like that.

When I tried to do that, YAY! Too late cause there's a 30-day or so limit to cancel a sale.

So, now eBay wants its cut for a sale that didn't happen. 

REALLY, eBay?

This is the case by the way.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221795289516?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

View Entire Topic
plum993
Experienced Mentor

Yes really!

When someone wins an items and then doesnt pay its best to open an unpaid item dispute,and this will allow you to get a final fee credit if closed with no payment.

You may offer a cancellation but if the buyer doesnt agree you loose the fee credit.

Best add the bidder to your blocked bidder found under your account tab and then site preferences.

If you dont pay the ebay fees they will restrict your account,and its best to opt for automatic payment of  your seller fee

Ask a question