cancelling an order

Hi There

I had an expensive item on buy it now or best offer & I had an offer lower than I wanted to accept so I sent a counter offer & the buyer upped her offer slightly & pleaded poverty & said she wanted the item soo much so I gave in and accepted her offer.

So she paid through pay pal for my item over the weekend Bank Holiday weekend & I thought that everything was okay then I got an e mail from her stating she wanted to cancel the transaction with no explanation! 

So I cancelled the transaction & told her that she would get a refund through pay pal she then sent me another e mail stating why she had cancelled it then I received another e mail yesterday saying that why should I the seller have to suffer for her mistake that she had thought about it at length and that she'd changed her mind again & wanted her item & that I should post it to her!

So I replied stating that I had already started the cancellation & refind process through pay pal & wasn't prepared to sell her my item & for her to check her pay pal account & wait for the refund & to stop e mailing me!

So today I have checked my e bay account and lo and behold she has left me very bad feed back!

Why should I be penalised when I did everything that she asked but was not prepared to re sell my item to her as I knew trouble laid ahead?

Has anybody else encountered this before & how do I get the bad feed back removed?

Kind Regards Irena.

View Entire Topic
papso22
Experienced Mentor

You can try asking eBay to look at the messages between you and see if they will remove the feedback. However, they may well say that you could have been rude and abusive outside of the eBay message system and the feedback stays! 

The fact that they requested a cancellation may help you.  

At the very least you should leave a polite follow up comment, but be aware that the buyer has the last word!