buyers canceling

I sold a item & put a full detailed discription of the item. After the item ended they asked to cancel because they thought it was another brand despite me saying in both title & discription what the brand was. What do I do, I am a bit annoyed with the hassle of having to go through the the relisting process. Can they cancel it from their end so it doesn't look like I am cancelling the order or do I have to do it. I don't want to risk negative feed back as I'm rated 100% by someone messing me about so worried wheter I should cancel or open a non-payment case

View Entire Topic

If you cancel the sale citing "Buyer Changed His Mind" as the reason why then you should be able to cancel the transaction without picking up a defect.  You could try cancelling the sale by opening an Unpaid Item Case, but there's always the risk that the buyer would pay up just to keep his account clear of unpaid item strikes and then at a later date open a Significantly Not As Described case about the item, whether justified or not, just so that he could get his money back.  Therefore it's probably more straightforward to just send the buyer a cancellation request, especially as that is what he's asked for, and then add his ID to your Blocked Bidders List to prevent him from wasting your time again.

Ask a question