Unpaid for how long??

I have an item that is unpaid for. I have sent a reminder at 2 days and a contact buyer message today at 5 days stating if it is not paid in 2 days then I will contact eBay.
My question is- how long is acceptable to wait before taking it further? Is 7 days long enough? Should I expect some form of contact from the buyer or can I take it straight to eBay if I havn't been paid in 2days time? I have never not been paid so any advice would be helpful.
View Entire Topic

You can open up an unpaid item case 2 full days after the listing ended, some sellers leave it a couple more days but that's up to you.  No need to keep sending reminders and invoices - eBay do all that for you anyway.  Just go to dispute now:-

http://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk/

Run the case for 4 full days timed to the second you opened the case, not calendar days.  Close it on day 5 when you see the option to say "no" to the question "did the buyer pay".  At that point you get any final value fees back and the buyer gets a strike.  You can then relist or sell elsewhere etc.

If you open a case always add the member's id to your blocked bidder list immediately.