Seller wont refund me after receiving the item back

Hello on july i have bought an ipad mini 3 digitizer from ebay. but the digitizer was defective. It wasnt functioning properly.  It was not completely dead but but its touch sense was very slow and stuck. I have asked for a refund and sent back the digitizer to the seller with tracking number. Because the service I have used is the Cyprus post office the ebay system cannot detect automatically when the seller has received my parcel and so it got stuck to ""in transit" mode. I have checked and know that the seller has received the item and also sent me a message that i should receive my refund shortly. But this message was almost a month ago I haven't received any refund and they wont answer to my messages anymore. Can you help me?

View Entire Topic

Hi there,

I'm assuming that you paid with paypal.  I'm not sure what you mean about the ebay system not detecting the return? Its not in any way linked to the postal services, you have add the tracking number into the case manually.

Did you open a significantly not as described case,if so have you entered the tracking numbers into the case? If you didn't try opening a case now  by clicking on resolution centre at the bottom of the page. If you still have an ordinary return case still open you should be able to ask ebay to step in from within that.  Check the policy below for timelines:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

If the return has expired and it wont let you open a case here, you can log into your paypal account and open one from there, just add the tracking numbers when you are told to return the item. Some paypal pages have a resolution centre link at the bottom of the page, if not any of the help links should feed you into their system. They will try and send you back to ebay, but just stick with the case in paypal. I think you have the old 45 day limit from payment to claim (UK residents have up to 180 days) but I'd do it as soon as possible.

Ask a question