Return Not recieved

Hello, I recently sold an Item (iPhone 5) on here and i mentioned in the description it was in need of a replacement screen, the buyer recieved it and aid he was unhappy because it had a damaged screen. I told the buyer to send me the item back before I would refund him, ive not heard from the buyer since and my paypal has a outstanding charge for the amount of the item. what shall I do. im not refundingthis buyer untill i recieve my item back.

kind Regards,

View Entire Topic

Hi there,

No thats quite correct, never refund until you have your item back.

It is possible that the buyer has changed their mind in which case it should eventually time out and the funds will free up in your account. Do not escalate (ask ebay to look at the case) to try and speed things up as they will usually close the case in favour of the buyer and that will issue the refund.

Click on resolution centre at the bottom of the page and see if the return has been escalated to a case. The buyer can ask ebay to step in 8 days after opening a return, at that point you must respond to the case  ie state "Buyer to return for refund"    Ebay should then instruct the buyer to return the item, and they should have to enter the tracking number which shows delivery to your address, before the refund is made. Again if they dont send the item back the case should eventually time out.

Have a look at the timescales in the  money back guarantee policy.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/buyer-protection.html