Refund on transaction cancelled by the seller.

The seller cancelled a transaction after I had paid for it. It was a Paypal payment charged on my credit card and made in two parts, since the Global Shipping Program was selected on the listing.

Now I'm waiting to get my payment refunded. I read that payments made with Paypal should be automatically (and instantly?) refunded if the seller cancels the transaction. But still the system asks me to confirm when the seller has completed the refund. I am confused, which is it? The cancellation was made yesterday and still no signs of refund on my Paypal account.

Also, will the shipping fee for Global Shipping Programme be refunded automatically in cases like this?

View Entire Topic

No, the GSP part of the payment will not be refunded automatically. You have to telephone ebay and ask to talk to the Global Shipping team.

The rest of the refund will not be automatic either   because the seller is cancelling the transaction. The seller has to log in to their paypal accou nt and actually select refund against your payment. Even if they did this straight away it will not be instant if you have only just paid. Your payment has to fully clear into the seller's account before it can b e sent back. You should receive an email from paypal though saying that the refund has been intiated though. You can also log into your paypal account and check the status of your payment.

Just to add insult to injury the refund will go back to your credit card. That can take up to 30 days to appear on a statement.

Ask a question