Non working item leaves me £12.85 out of pocket.

I ordered and received from Hong Kong an electronic item costing £20.85. It didn't work.

The seller asked for a video of the problem which I sent.

They offere £4 refund and I keep the item which could be repaired locally.

I declined.

They offered £10 and said this would be cheaper for them and me - I could have the item repaired locally.

It's impossible to find anybody in the UK to make this repair at such a low price - or even at all.

I returned the item "signed for" at a cost of £12.45 as directed by the seller.

I opted for a refund rather than another item as I now had no confidence in the quality of the seller's goods.

Eventually, after some further chasing, I received a refund of the original price but no refund of the return postage.

Now the conditions were "buyer pays return postage". This is reasonable for a working item returned because it was mis-ordered or no longer required. But for a faulty item, I assume and require that the seller should take full responsibility as required by the "Sales of Goods Act 1973

Summary: All goods must be:

1) As described

2) of satisfactory quality

3) fit for purpose.

A non-functioning item is certainly not of "satisfactory quality" so I claim the seller is in breach of contract.

All this has taken more than 60 days and is still not resolved as far as I am concerned. I wish at the very least to give feedback which warns others of the danger of using this seller, but my 60 days are up so it seems I can't leave feedback now.

I have spent much time and effort, and negotiated politely but firmly with the seller but ended up £12.45 out of pocket with no working item. I'm so upset and cross with the seller. They should refund the £12.85 and apologise for their mistake.

What can I do now?

View Entire Topic
tara*teller
Conversationalist

I'm sorry but you have found out the hard way the biggest downfall of buying items from overseas, buyer has to pay for return and there's nothing in place to make the seller reimburse your return postage.

Nothing you can do now .

Ask a question