Item received that I sent back but no receipt from seller claimed

I purchased a set of spark plugs off ebay ( or at least I thought I did ) when it arrived it appeared it was a single plug not FOUR. 

Anyway he tried to sell me the other three while I opted for the refund. ( one plug was 10 pounds so four plugs obviously would have been 40 which is excessive ) 

My impression is he shouldn't have put a picture of four plugs & listed only spark plug for sale ( no where in the description did it list it was one it just didn't have the 's' on the end of the plug. ( title ) 

Anyway I digress , I sent the item back to him & a asked for recorded delivery but on checking the receipt it appears I only have .... 'certificate of posting'. He claims he hasn't received it too... I sent the item on the 28th first class so it's obviously not in transit anymore. 

What are my options... I'm afraid I've lost both the item & the 10£ ...... 

View Entire Topic

Hello

I purchased a set of spark plugs off eBay ( or at least I thought I did ) when it arrived it appeared it was a single plug not FOUR. 

The listing clearly shows :

• Quantity with a box where you the buyer adds the number of Spark Plug NGK PFR6N-11 you wanted to purchase from seller i.e 1/2/3/4 & so forth & not 4 as you assumed as you only looked at the picture 

So you were not mislead that is for sure !

Anyway I digress , I sent the item back to him & a asked for recorded delivery but on checking the receipt it appears I only have .... 'certificate of posting'. He claims he hasn't received it too... I sent the item on the 28th first class so it's obviously not in transit anymore. 

Unfortunately as you did not return the item back to seller tracked then there is nothing eBay or PayPal can do for you Woman Frustrated

• proof of postage only proves that you the buyer shipped the item
  • you needed to ship item using a tracked method as you then would have been able to add the tracking number to a case if you needed to open one to show that item was received/delivered back to seller

What are my options... I'm afraid I've lost both the item & the 10£ ......

If the returned item was not received by seller  then claim from Royal Mail using your original proof of posting & copy of the eBay listing with PayPal transaction & add the seller's email & get a P58 from from the PO or download a form from the RM website then claim for the loss of item in transit

For future reference when returning an item back to a seller always always return item back using a tracked method as then you will be able to open a case then add the tracking number to the case to show that indeed item has been returned back to seller for eBay to refund you in full as payment made via PayPal

Hope this helps somehow Woman Happy

Ask a question