Buying rules

Hi I've bought an item on Friday and I contacted the seller who said I could collect the item in the week after 7 or this weekend if she has time.. Yesterday I was out all day were she had left me a message saying can I collect that day I didn't reply as I was out all day this morning I've gone to church where she had left me a message saying she had resisted the item coz I didn't get back to her .... I'm so angry what can I do

I didn't answer yesterday as I was out all day with my disabled son I didn't expect to need to live on eBay as she said I could collect it during week after 7 then I didn't think there would have been a problem I have other commitments n my life then to stay on eBay all the time we got home just after 9 last night and last thing I could think about is eBay I went straight to bed I find this really unfair

View Entire Topic
red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

I'm so angry what can I do

The sermon wasn't about turning the other cheek, I presume? It depends whether you want a battle, or prefer just to write it off to save confrontation.

If you want a battle, pay for it by PayPal (you're entitled to do this, even if the seller would have preferred cash).

Then point out to the seller that you only bought it on Friday and she offered the whole of next week to collect it. Tell her that you still want it and will arrange colelction. I would also advise her to remove the new listing before it has bids, to avoid the 10% cancellation fee eBay will charge her if it has bids on it.

If she refuses to let you collect it you can open an item not received case under eBay's money back guarantee. This will get your payment returned and will place a defect on her account. Her selling fees will not be refunded. You can also leave whatever feedback you wish.

The above assumes that theitem is covered by eBay's MBG, e.g. is not any form of motor vehicle, or a boat or caravan.