Buyer paid but no contact since on a collect only item how long must I wait?

Buyer paid but have had no contact - Item is for collection only. I have messaged them twice and left voicemails, but have had no response. How long do I have to wait and how do I cancel the sale and return their money It is now 8 days since the auction ended and they paid. I have someone who wants to buy the item but I don't know how to cancel the sale as the only options I can see are if the buyer wants to cancel and they won't reply to my messages. Help please!!

View Entire Topic

If you send the buyer a cancellation request, selecting the reason either that the buyer changed their mind or that there is a problem with the buyer's address, then the refund process is a part of that.  The trouble is that the buyer can decline it and at that point you are not only stuck with the fees but you are in danger of receiving bad feedback.

You could try reporting the buyer for false contact details and see if that triggers a response.

You could also try emailing them via the email address attached to their Paypal payment if this is different to their eBay email address.