Buyer not paid. Had not replied to reminders.How long wait before I can relist item.

Hi. I sold an item and buyer had not paid for a while then requested invoice. One was sent but still did not pay. Numerous reminders sent (all of polite nature) but still no reply. How long do I need to wait before I can relist the item?
View Entire Topic

Start by opening an unpaid item dispute, which you can do between 2 and 32 days after a listing ends.  Run the dispute for 4 full days, timed to the second the case opened.  If still unpaid, close the dispute just as soon as you see the option to say "no" to the question "did the buyer pay".  At that point you will get any final value fees back and will be able to either relist the item or sell it elsewhere.  Do not relist until you get the first transaction closed down correctly or you risk ending up with 2 people paying for just the 1 item and you'll also be paying double fees.

Add the person's id to your blocked bidder list immediately and then check that your buyer preferences are set tight, especially blocking people who have 2+ unpaid item strikes in 12 months.

Ask a question