Buyer asking for Paypal address

A buyer is asking for my paypal address??? (I've had this happen on 2 items). Im assuming this is scam and I obviously didn't give them this information. Can anyone tell me what they are up to? This is annoying as I now have to relist the item as they were the highest bidder.

View Entire Topic

You have no items listed either currently or in your sold list, so I can't see that you have any "buyers".

However, the scam goes like this................

You send your email address. The "buyer" sends you a fake paypal email saying you have been paid.The emails look VERY real. He hopes that you will believe the email without physically checking your account and send the item. You would be surprised how many people fall for this. It's usually for high value items but a thief is a thief, and if they know how to do this they will do it for the 99p items too.

It is also very possible if they are new members, that they just don't know what to do. Just tell them they don't need your email address. All they need to do is click the "pay now" button and ebay sends you the money automatically.

Ask a question