The (new) last to post here wins, thread :-)

OK, so these at ebay towers have demolished the door to our dungeon, we've been up all night tunnelling in again, and here's the new entrance!

Hopefully all the guards will soon find their way back in, and 'normal' service will be resumed as soon as possible.

The inmates seem to still be here, also the torture play room and all the usual toys. The young dragons were a bit peckish, so good job we got back in today - tomorrow may have seen them nibbling the inmates!

The hot chocolate wasn't very hot when I got back in, but is now fresh, and storecupboards and fridges full of the usual food.

Apologies to any innmates who have missed some meals, but bacon butties coming soon, to compensate for our 'technical' hitch.

If you don't pay your exorcist you get repossessed.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
Message 1 of 4,810
See Most Recent
4,809 REPLIES 4,809

Re: The (new) last to post here wins, thread :-)

There are probably straitjackets still stored in the lower dungeon levels of this thread, but I hope we don't need any !  Smiley Wink

Tea and biscuits do help a lot, and hot chocolate at night, (the kitchen here always had a perpetual supply for passing visitors.)

I notice there's an 'accept solution' button lurking at the bottomof each post - if I press that, do the powers that be, at Ebay Towers assume that we've solved all our problems and the thread vanishes in a puff of smoke?  I'm almost tempted to try!

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
Message 4801 of 4,810
See Most Recent

very childish comment--well i dont expect any better from a person like youl 

Message 4802 of 4,810
See Most Recent

I'm assumng it's only the OP of a thread that sees an 'accept solution' button?  (I can't see it )  It was presumably designed for threads of the Q&A type, and not really useful here. 

Thinking about the original Q&A board  .......well that's a long, gone entity!   I 'met' some good people on there, (as well as unpleasant) but we mostly found solutions, even to unpleasantness, by ignoring that long enough until it faded away!

And on a dadrk, damp Monday, with apologies to any David Tennant or Charlotte Rampling fans......

http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2015/01/06/broadchurch-to-tackle-teen-graffiti-threat/

We need more depressing tv, don't we?

Message 4803 of 4,810
See Most Recent

I believe you're right in that it's only the OP who sees an "Accept Solution" button on the thread, but in order for it to even work if it was available a possible solution would have to be suggested first.  In some situations maybe there isn't a solution when conflict arises, although I would hope to be proven wrong on this point.  If either one, or both, parties aren't willing to seek a solution to the problem then it's probably best to accept that it's not worth trying to work things out.

Message 4804 of 4,810
See Most Recent

Erm me? Cat Very Happy

Photobucket
Message 4805 of 4,810
See Most Recent

Hi there, I'm afraid that this thread had become full of cobwebs and not much else!

Time was, anyone calliing in here would automatically have been welcomed into their own dungeon cell, with a guard, and often threats of bizarre torture............................

But the guards and the inmates of the old dungeon have long since deserted, mainly to facebook.  There have been new temporary tenants and the odd bunches of squatters in here, but mainly...........dust!   The original dragons, and the now adult 'youngsters' that used to plague prisoners visitors (and often swam inthe castle moat) are occasionally spotted overhead, just keeping an eye on the place. 

The kitchen however, is regularly and quite magically restocked with the makings of drinks (hot and cold) and all manner of biscuits and cookies, just in case anyone needs an emergency fix of hot chocolate in the wee hours of the night. Smiley Happy

Message 4806 of 4,810
See Most Recent

>>>>> Mmm, all biscuits still look nice and fresh......... after I dusted the lid of the biscuit tin. 🙂

Message 4807 of 4,810
See Most Recent

Apologies for the lack of hospitality in this thread. (and indeed in many of the old threads in this forum)

The story so far...

The powers that be (or rather that were!) demolished our original Community boards and reorganised them into different groupings around nine years ago, and although some of the older threads started up again, (like this one) much of the enjoyment and lightheartedness faded, and some eventually spluttered almost to a standstill. 

And then there's Facebook...

The rot set in, and although a few loyal guards kept the dungeon here ticking over, eventually even they moved away.  The dungeon became a home for squatters for a while, before sadly fading into disuse. 

However...

The dragon spies keep an eye on this old thread and the magic keeps the kitchen stocked, especially the hot chocolate machine and the biscuit cupboard!   The ground floor is the only part accessible at present, but the upper floors, ramparts and all the lower dungeon levels are intact, just dormant and very well secured.  

And then there's Facebook...

Message 4808 of 4,810
See Most Recent

this use to be a good forum back then as you said dragon remember it well

then it was real fun and games cant you put a spell on facebook that might do

the trick

Message 4809 of 4,810
See Most Recent

Hi marmutime,  It would indeed be very nice to restore some of the fun and comradeship that was around, but it seems an impossible task -even the combined powers of the dragon members young and old can't halt this decline! Facebook!

Unfortunately it seems that rather than enjoy a little bit of escapism on the forums, most people have moved on, and really do seem to prefer to spend their time reading about reality - everyone elses children / dogs / cats / meals(!) / traffic problems and other earth shattering news.

No, I'm not belittling people sharing things with their friends, but I'm sure that I'm not the only one whose capacity for pet videos and news of who's been stuck in traffic etc, only runs to a few minutes per day.

Anyway, at risk of becoming like the dinosaurs, some dragons still lurk, in case of passing visitors...      

Smiley Wink

Message 4810 of 4,810
See Most Recent