100k GiveAway: Some Frequently Asked Questions

1. I've bought or sold something in an eligible category. What do I do now?

Once you have won or sold your item successfully, go to the competition page and click the red Enter Now button. Fill in the short form and click submit. Then your item is entered! Well done! Buyers wishing to enter the competition must complete payment for the item using PayPal within 24 hours of the end of the listing.

2. Is this competition open to all eBay members worldwide?

This promotion is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over who are registered on any eBay site. eBay reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. Read the competition terms and conditions.

3. Is there a limit to how many times I can enter the competition?

You may enter a maximum of 5 seller entries and 5 buyer entries per day. You are also eligible for 5 no purchase necessary entries. eBay will be checking that members are not using multiple accounts to submit more than the accepted number of entries per day.

4. How many times can I win? I won a prize 2 days ago - can I win again?

Entrants may only win one prize per promotional period. See the competition terms and conditions. (You can enter and win a prize in each of the 5 promotional periods  so you could potentially win up to a maximum of 5 prizes during the whole competition.)

5. What do you mean by a promotional period?

Our promotion is split into five promotional periods, ranging from two days to four days in length. They are distinguished by theme. The first promotional period is Technology, followed by Automotive, Entertainment, Collectables and Lifestyle.

6. How do I find the item number?

Click on the item you have just bought or sold, and the 10-digit item number is in the top right-hand corner of that page.

7. How long do I have after each promotional period to submit my item number into the entry form?

We must receive your entry form within the timeframe of the appropriate promotional period. See the competition terms and conditions.

8. Why do I have to answer a question to enter? What if I get it wrong? Will I still be eligible?

Wed like members to explore new parts of the website, so by posing these questions, and providing the links to find the answers, we hope youll be encouraged to learn more about the wide range of features and categories we offer. If you get the answer wrong, your entry is not eligible to win. However, you can submit more than one entry each day.

9. Why arent all categories eligible for this promotion?

Each category will become a hot category at some point during the promotion, with the exception of the Everything Else and Wholesale categories. We hope that this will enable as many eBay members as possible to take part.

10. I cant see today's hot categories on the competition page?

This will not apply to the majority of entrants. However, some members with certain types of pop-up and ad blockers may not be able to see the hot categories at some point during the competition. You may need to adjust your browser, firewall, or other ISP settings to see the full content of the competition page. For the above reasons, an alternative enter button is situated towards the bottom of the right hand side of the competition page. Also, the list of hot categories is available from our terms and conditions.

11. Do revised and/or relisted items qualify?

Yes, as long as the item meets the standard criteria of being listed in the correct category, within the correct time period, and is in compliance with eBays listing policies.

12. How are the winners decided?

Entrants who correctly answer the skill question will be drawn at random from all entries at the end of each promotional period by an independent adjudicator.

13. How will I know Ive won? Is the list of winners published?

Winners will be notified within 7 days of the draw date by telephone or email to the telephone number or email address supplied when they registered with eBay. eBay may use third parties to facilitate one or more elements of this process. Please remember to make sure your contact details are up to date in My eBay.

We will also be announcing our winners on the promotion discussion board.

A full list of prizes and winners names and county will be available from 22/03/05 to 29/04/05. To receive a copy of this list, send and SSAE to eBay Spring Promo, PO Box 7260, Hook, RG27 8ZF.

14. I want to chat to other Community members about this promotion. How can I do that?

We have a Community promotion discussion board dedicated to this new competition. Come and chat to other Community members about anything from what prize you have won to what fun new category you have discovered through taking part in this competition! Enjoy!

15. When do I get my prize?

Prizes will be dispatched within 30 days of the end of the promotion.

16. I've won a prize: can I take a cash alternative or something else instead?

No cash alternatives or alternative prizes will be substituted for the advertised prizes.

17. How can I tell this is not a spoof?

eBay will not ask you for your password or credit/debit card details to enter this competition. The eBay Toolbar with Account Guard helps you protect your eBay account information and warns you when youre on a potentially fraudulent (spoof) website and lets you report them to eBay.

18. I want to report someone listing a fraudulent/fake item pretending to be part of this competition. What do I do?

Youll find advice on how to buy safely on eBay in the Safety Centre, where you may also report fraudulent listings. Click on the report a problem link and then follow the report a listing policy violation or prohibited (banned) item link.

Buyers

1. I bid on something but the listing hasnt closed, so I dont know whether Im going to win it yet  can I still enter?

No. The listing (either auction-style format or Buy It Now) has to have closed (ie you have won it) in the appropriate promotional period before you can enter the competition.

2. I've bought something thats in an eligible category - what do I need to do now?

Once you have successfully bought an item in an appropriate category, go to the competition page and click the red Enter Now button. Fill in the short form and click submit. Buyers are then eligible only if they complete payment by Paypal within 24 hours of the end of the listing.

3. I don't pay with PayPal - why cant I enter?
PayPal is the most convenient and safe way for buyers to pay for items - 90% of listings on eBay currently offer PayPal as payment method. This system also speeds up the process of eBay checking the eligibility of winners, whether they have paid within the mandatory 24-hour period, and sending out the prizes. Paypal offers better protection for all buyers and sellers entering the competition.

4. I've bought an item for this competition and paid, but seller didnt send it. What do I do?

Firstly, communicate with the seller. There may be a valid reason for the delay in sending. We recommend that you always try and sort the problem out by communicating directly with your trading partner before reporting the issue to eBay.
If the issue remains unresolved, learn more about the Item not Received process.

5. I bought an item from an ineligible category by mistake. Can I return it and start again?

By bidding or a making a Buy It Now purchase in any category you are committing to complete the transaction. Of course, any decision thereafter about returning the item is at the discretion of the seller and buyer. Communicate with the seller, and check if they have a returns policy.

6. I've won a prize but now I don't want the item I purchased from the seller. Can I return it?

By bidding or a making a Buy It Now purchase in any category, you are committing to complete the transaction. Of course, any decision thereafter about returning the item is at the discretion of the seller and buyer. Communicate with the seller, and check if they have a returns policy.

Sellers

1. I've listed something in one of the "hot categories" which is due to end in the correct time period. Does that mean Ive entered into the competition automatically?

No. Firstly, the item must end with a successful winning bid, or with a buyer for your Buy It Now listing. Secondly, you need to go to the competition page and click the red Enter Now button. Fill in the short form, and click submit. Then you will have entered your item! Well done!

2. My listing has ended with a winning bidder, in a hot category, and in the correct time period. I have entered the competition by filling in the form on the promotion page. Am I definitely eligible to win the competition?

Your eligibility is subject to you meeting the terms and conditions of the competition. Your listing must also adhere to eBays listings policies. Also, your eBay account must be in good standing, including feedback not below zero and no overdue fees during the period of this promotion, from 09/03/05 until the delivery of the prize.

3. I listed an item in one of the hot categories, but the same item is also listed in another category that is not part of the promotion? Does the item still qualify?

Yes. As long as one of the categories is a hot category.

4. I already listed something yesterday. Can I change the category for this listing to one that is in the hot category list today in order to qualify?

You cant change the category if there are less than 12 hours left before the listing ends or if your item has already had bids placed on it. If not, you can change your items category, but make sure that the category you are putting it into is correct and relevant for the item.

5. Im a seller and I want to enter the competition. Do I have to have offer PayPal in my listing?

Yes. Sellers must offer PayPal in their listing to be eligible to enter the competition. Using PayPal reduces the risk of fraud and facilitates quick and easy payments from buyers to help you meet the time requirement to enter the competition.

6. Can I schedule items in advance and still qualify for the promotion?

Yes. Follow this link for more information on scheduling listings.

7. Do I still need to pay listing fees on listings I create in order to enter this competition?

Yes. The regular fee structure applies to these listings.

8. I sold an item but I wasnt paid. What do I do?

By making a winning bid or a Buy It Now purchase in any category, buyers are committing to complete the transaction. Always try and sort the problem out by communicating directly with your trading partner before you bring the issue to the attention of eBay. If this issue remains unresolved however, follow this link to report an Unpaid Item.

9. I'm a regular seller in one of the today's hot categories. Why is eBay running this competition?

This activity should help your sales because there will be more buyers looking for items to purchase. The aim of this competition is to enable members to explore parts of the site that they havent previously looked at.
Message 1 of 1
See Most Recent
0 REPLIES 0