update on oh and paramedics

he was doing very well after his op but last night about 9.30 he asked me to look at his leg as it felt funny and when i looked it was huge swollen right from his toes to above his knee.follows is a call to NHS 111 and after many questions she dispatches a ambulance,it arrived about an hour later.

the two paramedics were very good and checked him over thoroughly and after a phone call to the doctor they decided it was fluid on his leg and just to sit with it elevated and try and sleep with it  on a pillow and gave us a list  of things to watch out for.

They were with us for about 2 hours 

its still swolen now but not got worse .he is at the doctors tomorrow so will get her to check it.

what did amaze me was after about an 1 1/2  i went out front to have a quick ciggie.and realised that they had left there engine running. upon questioning they said they do that...

thought petrol used to run engine for two hours

and second thought the pollution that an ambulance causes when stood idoling for two hours.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

This is the reason Cookie. Hope your hubby recovers quickly.

http://www.swast.nhs.uk/Default.aspx.ShortcutID-514207.faq_id-8246.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

Cookie, sorry to hear hubby had a bit of a fright, sounds like the paramedics were very thorough in staying with him.

Wishing him a speedy recovery
Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

Sorry that your hubby's leg isn't good at the moment Cookie.  Hope that it improves soon.

Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

@ilove2patch wrote:

This is the reason Cookie. Hope your hubby recovers quickly.

http://www.swast.nhs.uk/Default.aspx.ShortcutID-514207.faq_id-8246.htm

thanks for that.interesting reading. 

.................................................................................................................
Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

Cookie, best wishes to your husband for a speedy recovery.

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

thanks everyone .his leg has gone down a bitt today and doc has checked it.still got a small bit of his operation scar still not healing but nurse is going to look at that tomorrow.

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

The big question is Cookie, who has got tge remote control 😄
Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

Glad that the swelling has gone down a bit today.  Hope that the operation scar is alright when the nurse looks at it tomorrow.  

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

Hope hubby is feeling better today Cookie.
Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

leg still swolen and going to surgery every day to have the top of his op site cleaned and dressed as it wont heal.but it is right in the fold of hip and stomach so gets no air.but they seem happy and no infection.he is ok in himself.

Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

Hope that your OH operation site heals properly soon Cookie.  I'm glad that he's alright in himself.

Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

It sounds like healing is going the right way cookie Woman Happy

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

Everyone heals differently I think, so long as it is kept clean and look after it will heal, glad to hear he is feeling better in himself.
Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

Good to hear he is on the mend

Photobucket
Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent