making a will

what is the point of spending money on writing a will if it can then be overturned once you have died? If an adult estranged offspring can take it to court and a judge over-rule your wishes then it all seems a bit pointless. Would any of you challenge a will in this way or just let it stand whether you thought it unfair or not?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

making a will

I was quite shocked when I heard the story on the news.  If it was a case that the mother had been coerced into leaving her money to somebody outside the family then I could understand, but in this particular the case I think it's pretty clear the mother did exactly what she wanted to do.

The daughter felt she hadn't been 'reasonably provided for' Smiley Surprised  She's a grown woman with a husband and kids and now she plans to buy her housing association house with the £s Smiley Sad

Merry Everything & A Happy Always 🙂
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

making a will

Well I think that mother was being nasty and very spiteful.

OK, so many years back the daughter left home against her mothers wishes but as she's remained with the bloke she chose you'd think the mother would have accepted by now that she was wrong about the relationship.

What might have happpened if the daughter had thrown away the chance to be with her man? Sounds to me like she'd have been dominated ever after.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent