gawd!!

this is becoming a tea time board, come on peeps, think of something to chat about.

How come, spoons, socks and forks always disappear in your house? how come you always end up with one?

Photobucket

Message 1 of 25
See Most Recent
24 REPLIES 24

gawd!!

It's tupperware I have a problem with ........................... lot's of lids but never a pot to hand

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 2 of 25
See Most Recent

gawd!!

You're right CB, it has been quiet here all week.

Message 3 of 25
See Most Recent

gawd!!

Stan, it's the lids that I lose! maybe we need to get our heads together, although I have recently thrown out a load of lidless tubs

Message 4 of 25
See Most Recent

gawd!!

@bitsnknots wrote:

You're right CB, it has been quiet here all week.

Might it being ½ term have something to do with it?  People might be away?

Message 5 of 25
See Most Recent

gawd!!

Totally get the socks and teaspoons ....they seem to have a life of their own .

We have a couple of holiday lets ( former barns attached to our house ) and a wind up alarm clock went missing from the bedroom . It was puzzling but decided to replace it with a wall clock instead . On next house clean I found the clock in a drawer in the living room ....sure it did not make its own way there but the big question to me was ...WHY ??????

Life is full of mysteries ...
Message 6 of 25
See Most Recent

gawd!!

We have a problem with coathangers,

it's like there's a Bermuda Triangle for coathangers in our bedroom

🙈  🙉  🙊  😨

Message 7 of 25
See Most Recent

gawd!!

Maybe the ticking kept them awake. I can't stand a ticking clock in the bedroom, and when staying in other peoples houses I have often hidden the clock away in a drawer or cupboard. Maybe your house guests just forgot to get it out again before they left.

Message 8 of 25
See Most Recent

gawd!!

Someone, somewhere, has a huge pile of biro's which they have been collecting for about 50 years.  AND THEY'RE ALL MINE !!!!!

Message 9 of 25
See Most Recent

gawd!!

My spoon theory is that yogurt eaters take them away and they go into the bin with the carton! Don't know why, though

Message 10 of 25
See Most Recent

gawd!!

I solved the sock problem years ago, I buy socks in batches of 20 pairs of identical black socks, so all you need is 2 socks. Mind you when daughter was at boarding school my most hated job was sewing name tapes on socks.  I finally persuaded them to give each student a net back (with a nametape) for socks. Mindyou, every half term she would come home with 20 pairs of socks and no 2 were actually the same colour.

I know what happens to the teaspoons - eldest son puts them in the bin with the empty yoghurt pot. Again I buy them in batches of 24 and keep them in a pot on the worktop.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 11 of 25
See Most Recent

gawd!!

It is a wind up clock so they would need to wind it up themselves .......so of course if they did wind it up it woulld start to tick ....but they would have made it tick themselves...

Have just had to buy another butter dish too as that has gone missing ......very odd .....
Message 12 of 25
See Most Recent

gawd!!

ive a collection of 1 fork and 2 teaspoons,  all found on front wall,

i think  the people who wait for a lift off the neighbours eat something as they wait in a morning

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 13 of 25
See Most Recent

gawd!!

Things like that don't happen in my house.  I am too OCD, it would drive me nuts.  Mind you there is only me and him.

I only had one child too, which must make life easier,  and did the Stroppy thing of buying a couple of dozen black socks all the same.

How are all the poorly people feeling today - better I hope Smiley Happy

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 14 of 25
See Most Recent

gawd!!

Hello all you poorly ones too, nice to see you posting, its only cos its raining here ive given myself five minutes rest from the sewing machine!lol

Been reading a few threads mostly about foodWoman LOL but the lost property is a weird one!  I think its more a spoon drawer monster, they do nick the odd fork or knife here and end up in the recycle bin! im livid really as ive just seen the replay or the tea shirt episode earlier this week. Can't talk about it. The garden is loving this rain!!!Woman Sad

Message 15 of 25
See Most Recent

gawd!!

This is better
Message 16 of 25
See Most Recent

gawd!!

Agree CB just looked down 1st page and bar a few exceptions it's all my boring tea threads. Come on folks there must be something we can talk about that wont land us in trouble.
Message 17 of 25
See Most Recent

gawd!!

isn't it sad though Ed, that we think like that? it used to be so much fun on here, but now you are scared to say anything in case you know who doesn't like it!!!

Photobucket

Message 18 of 25
See Most Recent

gawd!!

Yes it is sad, oh do you remember that quiz nite we had that CG did, that was sooooo funny.
Message 19 of 25
See Most Recent

gawd!!

I wonder if we could try another one...we could use code words for norty ones...email each other with them hahahaaaa

Photobucket

Message 20 of 25
See Most Recent