earwig control

we've had the flying ants which don't get on my nerves much but I have an altogether huge problem with earwigs....

any good way to get rid of them besides the pot on the cane idea?

Photobucket

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

earwig control

The only thing we can think of is a fly spray if they are indoors.  If they are outside, I'm sorry but I've no idea.  BTW, have you got dahlias growing in your garden?  If so, they attrach earwigs like nobody's business.

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

earwig control

Do they like ant powder CB?

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

earwig control

@bitsnknots wrote:

The only thing we can think of is a fly spray 

Yes, one might think that fly-spray ought to be effective against all kinds of creepie-crawlies;

But it doesn't work against spiders.  I remember spraying a spider, until its whole body and legs were thickly-coated with the white glutinous foamy product of the fly-spray.  I was confident this would induce swift death in the arachnid.

Yet, contrary to expectations,  the spider refused to collapse and die in convulsions. It just stood still for a while, fiddling about with its legs, as if momentarily nonplussed. Then it walked rather stiffly away, in a manner than seemed stalwart, and almost contemptuous..

I was astonished!  Of course I could have simply crushed the creature, as it moved away. But I admired its tenacity too much.

The lesson is that fly-spray will kill flies, but not necessarily other arthropods such as spiders and earwigs. 

The earwig requires a dedicated spray. Has that yet been developed?

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

earwig control

Bleach and hot water ............................. ewwwwwwwwwwww creepy wigs

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

earwig control

they're not in the house, thank the Lord, no and I don't grow dahlia's for the same reason, earwig magnets them.

They are everywhere in the garden, and I hate the divils, one bit me on the back of the leg the other day as it got up my trousers while I was gardening!!!!!

I think it's the old fashioned way...clay pot stuffed with straw on a cane....set fire to it every morning, no one can come up with a good deterant.

oooooh they give me the shivers......

Photobucket

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

earwig control

Must admit that I don't like the little blighters either.

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

earwig control

When you say that an earwig "got up your trousers and bit you"  could you expand on that please, as it seems implausible

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

earwig control

wait until one bites you on the **bleep**, you'll soon know then......

Photobucket

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent