crafting

helped my mate to make some no sew snowmen today. She really enjoyed herself i think, she never crafts, so it was new to her.

She went off with 4 snowmen on the front seat of her car!!!!

Photobucket

Message 1 of 20
See Most Recent
19 REPLIES 19

crafting

Come on then share your secret, how do we make no sew snowmen?    Sounds good

Message 2 of 20
See Most Recent

crafting

Good for you CB - I've made 12 so far.

......................................................................................................................

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer!
Message 3 of 20
See Most Recent

crafting

I've only got two for myself but all my grandchildren have made one each! 

There'll be so many snowmen around this Christmas!  😄

Message 4 of 20
See Most Recent

crafting

Good for you CB.  

Message 5 of 20
See Most Recent

crafting

I'm over run with no-sew snowmen and women and littlies

I made two........................................ the kid's just keep on producing them. we are making a pair each now for every oldie in the village now as xmas gifts

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 6 of 20
See Most Recent

crafting

I really admire all you crafty people!  I have no talent whatsoever, whether for cards, jewellery, cake decorating, calligraphy, painting... I can just about use a sewing machine, but I think I am still famed at my secondary school for taking an entire year to fail to complete my misses skirt assignment, and I'm no neater now: though I no longer stitch things to my own clothing, at least.

How about you talented people stick some (easy) instructions up here for the less blessed of us to follow?

Message 7 of 20
See Most Recent

crafting

YES PLEASE WE ALL WANT SOME

Message 8 of 20
See Most Recent

crafting

Must admit that I'm better at knitting, crochet and embroidery in that order.  I can sew but not very well.  I've not sewn anything for years.

Message 9 of 20
See Most Recent

crafting

Here you go peeps.  Just follow the video, it's really easy.  Then show us your finished snowmen.  🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB4jFqkn8MY

Message 10 of 20
See Most Recent

crafting

I make mine with a coloured sock as well & sew on my buttons.:)

Snowpeople 001.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 11 of 20
See Most Recent

crafting

AMAZING  !!!!!!!!

Just need some socks, real clever idea.

Cheers, thanks for sharing

Message 12 of 20
See Most Recent

crafting

Fantastic!  Thanks for sharing - now I know what I'm going to be doing at the weekend 😄

Message 13 of 20
See Most Recent

crafting

Any pictures yet of the sock snowmen?
Message 14 of 20
See Most Recent

crafting

I've got both my wrists bound up at the moment, and have added failure to tie snowmen's knots tightly enough to the list of things I can't do right now (list also includes buttons, unlocking doors and washing my own hair...) - on a positive note, though, I think the rice I keep finding on the floor after having a good attempt is probably exfoliating my feet...

Message 15 of 20
See Most Recent

crafting

Hope it gets easier soon love. At least you had an attempt.
Message 16 of 20
See Most Recent

crafting

photo's???? beejeebers!! this lappy is driving me nuts, anyway, OH has bought me a tiny lappy and I'm going to try to upload photo's on that. This lappy has been a right pain since the day we got it...brand new too! but it's always been awkward.

They're brilliant these snowmen aren't they? I'll have to sew on some buttons as they aren't child friendly are they with pins in them?

Photobucket

Message 17 of 20
See Most Recent

crafting

I love my witch, she is in my car and I have had lots of lovely comments about her.
Message 18 of 20
See Most Recent

crafting

Mine have buttons sewn on.:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 19 of 20
See Most Recent

crafting

Mine have sewn on googly eyes and pink cheeks (powder blusher).

I stuff mine with a rectangle of wadding, rolled up so that they are lighter. Have been experimenting with putting some small acrylic beads tied up in a pop sock in the base so that they stand up better, but are still lightweight and washable.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 20 of 20
See Most Recent