This little lady is now 2

I don't know if anyone remembers me saying that my Goddaughter Steph had had a little girl.  Well Georgia is 2 now.

Grace and Georgia in Xmas jumpers.jpg

Georgia is on the right with big sister Grace who is now 6.  Doesn't time go fast when you're having fun?

Message 1 of 35
See Most Recent
34 REPLIES 34

Re: This little lady is now 2

I certainly am relieved Shona.  She's doing well.

Message 21 of 35
See Most Recent

How is mum now ? and her hip ?

Message 22 of 35
See Most Recent

Thanks for asking Shona.  It is very kind of you.

She's not too good at the moment as both legs are causing mum a lot of pain at the moment.  The fact that she didn't sleep last night doesn't help.  I think it is partly because of the pain and partly because she just couldn't get comfortable in bed.  She's going to try and have a sleep when she's had her breakfast.

Message 23 of 35
See Most Recent

Grace, who is now 10, has had Covid.  She caught it from her teacher at school.  Thankfully, she is a lot better now and is feeling fine.

A girl in Georgia's class has got it so the family are self isolating twice over.

Georgia will be 6 next week.  Doesn't time fly?

Message 24 of 35
See Most Recent

10 !!! gosh where have the years gone ?
How is your Mum ?
Message 25 of 35
See Most Recent

Her mobility is a lot worse unfortunately.  I've had to get her into hospital three times since May last year.  Once with a broken hip, once with a mini stroke and the other time was with a severe nose bleed.  As mum's on blood thinners,  I had to get her into hospital asap.  All three times, I couldn't visit due to Covid restrictions.  Mum's 88 now and sleeping a lot more.  I'm just plodding along with things at the moment.

Thanks for asking Shona.

Message 26 of 35
See Most Recent

Girls with snowman.jpeg

Grace and Georgia with a snowman they made at the beginning of the year.

Message 27 of 35
See Most Recent

wow ! what a difference. Georgia is wearing a hat, so can't actually see her hair colour but I can see it;s long now like her sister's was in the first photo.

I am pleased mum is still with you although of course her health is not great. 88 is a really good age. Has she had her covid vaccination yet ?

How is your dad ? As you used to mention seeing him sometimes, but I suspect that may not have happened this year due to the virus / lockdown etc. How old is he ?

Message 28 of 35
See Most Recent

I've not seen my dad for a couple of years.  He's said that if and when this thing is over with covid, we'll meet again.  How long that will be is anyone's guess.

Message 29 of 35
See Most Recent

Mum had her first vaccine last Tuesday.  We've just got to wait now for her to have the second one.

Message 30 of 35
See Most Recent

I've not posted for ages but an update.  Grace is now 11 and Georgia is seven.   They are doing very well.

Unfortunately, my mum died in January after having two strokes and seeral seizures.

Message 31 of 35
See Most Recent

I am sorry that you posted this update last year and no one responded.

I only popped in out of curiosity to see if anyone was even posting these days...

Sorry to hear that Mum has now gone, was she 89 or 90 ?

How is Dad ? Did you ever get to see him ? or is he taking care as Covid is still around and I guess he is in his 80's/90's too.

And I guess little Gracie is not so little now ! I reckon she is 12 and a teenager on her next birthday !

Whre have all the years gone, this place used to have a thriving community, so many people used to pop in on a daily basis - I remember your excitement when Steph was expecting !  We used to talk about all sorts of things in here,  including Yankee Candles !!!

Message 32 of 35
See Most Recent

I don'r  see my dad much as he is more or less housebound as am I now.  Between leaking ulcers on both legs and them both being really swollen, I can'r walk unaiaded.

Mum was 89 when she died.

Grace is now 12 and Georgia is 8.

Message 33 of 35
See Most Recent

Hey there bits. Gosh how things move on so swiftly💕 I can't remember the last time I popped in here. 
So sorry to read about your Mum.

As for your leg ulcers, a friend of mine had leg ulcers for years nothing helped they just got deeper and more painful. She moved to Ireland in the late 1990s and the nurse there just kept filling the ulcers with manuka honey, slapped a bit of non stick dressing on it, nothing else just manuka honey they were just scars within 3 months.  Please look it up, they tend not to want to prescribe it because it's not cheap. I always have a tube of it in my medical box. 
take care x

Message 34 of 35
See Most Recent

Grace is 12 now and Georgia is 8.  Grace will be a  teenager just after Christmas this year.

Message 35 of 35
See Most Recent