Save Your Coppers

Does anyone save one pences and two pences?. I collect them and then do not know really to take them in a shop or a bank?. I usually make up the odd for bills and put them in a little bag when i pay. But i dont know if you can just walk into a bank and ask them to change them can you. I feel a bit awkward doing things like that. I know some shops want change i suppose?. Ideas what you good people do with yours?.

Woman Happy

Message 1 of 37
See Most Recent
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Save Your Coppers

I save 10p's, 2p's and pennies.  If I get £2 coins in my change, I sometimes save them as well.  A couple of years ago, I'd saved enough to buy my current lappy.

Message 21 of 37
See Most Recent

It will be Rose....almost there with the pennies,I've been checking my stash and I reckon by the summer I should have enough to get it done.....

So if anyone wants to list some heavy duty kneeling pads in August I would be eternally grateful......

please.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 22 of 37
See Most Recent

Man Very Happy  OOh - do you????!!!!!!!!!!!!  WHERE DO YOU LIVE????????????  Man LOL Man LOL

Message 23 of 37
See Most Recent

Not tellin......smilie umbridge.gif

Unless you want to come and 'elp...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 24 of 37
See Most Recent

Love your first smiley lol.!  (hugs) Fred.

Message 25 of 37
See Most Recent

When I first started work I was forever checking my pennies looking for collectable ones - I never found them.  then as the weeks drew on I just used to dump my ha'pennies, pennies and treepenny bits in a waste paper basket in my room.  I couldn't believe that at the end of the year I had, without struggling, amassed about £7.00 - more than a week's wages!  T tried following a colleagues plan by putting aside the £2.-00 coins when they came out because they weren't that common when they first came out..  He put his into a jarand when it was full, he had nearly £2000.00!  

I still put mine - £2.00 coins, into a large drinks bottle, but I know in my heart of hearts it will never reach the top  it invariably gets up to about £100.00 and then we have to ise it to pay a bill.  My wife tends to collect 5p coins - now they really do add up!

Message 26 of 37
See Most Recent

@twishy123 wrote:

It will be Rose....almost there with the pennies,I've been checking my stash and I reckon by the summer I should have enough to get it done.....

So if anyone wants to list some heavy duty kneeling pads in August I would be eternally grateful......

please.jpg

Keep an eye out at Lidl.  OH has some that strap on and he doesn't lose them.

Message 27 of 37
See Most Recent

Ha ha ha ha we will all be saving pennies and making floors ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!. I might make a little Grotto made entirely out of one a nd two pences,,now that would be a Glitzy sight to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Woman LOL

Message 28 of 37
See Most Recent

That really is a great floor!

probably cost the same amount again and more, to seal it all...

still a great idea though!

Message 29 of 37
See Most Recent

And I bet that no-one else has a floor like that either.  I have seen tables done with coins on the television.

Message 30 of 37
See Most Recent

Twishy is it the bathroom next?

never set out to be anti-penny, but somehow it happened, and I have ...

Message 31 of 37
See Most Recent

Slight problem with that Ed......

my bathroom is upstairs and I'd like to keep it there.....don't think the joists would be strong enough...

Message 32 of 37
See Most Recent

Point taken!

Message 33 of 37
See Most Recent

Just a quick calculation but i reckon you could probably do a hall with 109,730 pennies!  Smiley Wink

Message 34 of 37
See Most Recent

Booger....gonna need more than £3.50 worth then......

Message 35 of 37
See Most Recent

Just keep a really thoughtful look on your face and go walk up and down outside.  You'll be surprised at the number of people who'll say 'Penny for your thoughts'!!  Woman Very Happy

Message 36 of 37
See Most Recent

Thats really Lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I do like that SPARKLY Mosaic you can get around mirrors and things,,especially in a Bluey colour. I do like Sparkly, Twinkly things. My toilet floor was done by the council in a lovely Blue Sparkly Eggshell effect. ITS LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. And the bathroom too. Not what you would expect from the Council!!!.

Woman Happy

Message 37 of 37
See Most Recent