No wonder my computer's so slow!

My computer's being running slower and slower recently - sometime it takes so long to fire up I actually make a cup of tea waiting.  I decided to go into defragment.  It told me I had just 3% space available and I needed at least 15%, and told me to get rid of my surplus junk.  After clearing all my emails to no avail, I ventured into "run" where my photos are stored.  OK I knew I had loads of eBay items I'd put up over the years, but even I was aghast when I read the final figure - nearly 26,000 images!!!Smiley Surprised  

I've got it up to 6% so I'm getting there - slowly!  I've had three digital cameras and where I've made the mistake is as I've taken more photos to download I've just pressed save, not realising I can select only wihch ones I want to add so what's been happening is my compuuter's been uploading all the old rubbish - stuff I've sold years ago!

26K  That's got to be something of a record!  Is anybody else as IT ILLiterate as me?  No wonder I can never find anything I want to print off in Boots even though what I want is the last three images, they're all over the place.  They easy to find on my camera memory card, and yet when I put them into Boots photo booth, they're all over the place!  My printer is u s otherwise I'd just select which ones I want.  Anybody else had trouble finding photos on one of those machines?  My daughter has problems with her memory card too.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

I had a similar problem a few years ago so I made folders,named them as  e bays piccs, family, crafts,etc and now about once a month I go through any new photos and add to the relivant folder and delete those I dont need any more. problem solved Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Good idea.  I once had it up to about 18% and took over an hour to defrag.  It takes about 100-odd photo's to push it up another 1% so I won't be doing it all in one evening!

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Mine goes slow and getting slower so i have to Defragment as well as scan,,should get a new pc really. haa haaaa. got this one at Tesco for about £300 about 8 years ago i suppose. I could do with a laptop.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Do you do a disc clean & clear your cookies Rose?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Yes i do,,,sometimes it speeds it up lovely but it slows again Patch.Woman Happy

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent