Let's be brutally honest !

Is it really worth the effort to try and keep FHG up and running ?

In my opinion no !

My reasoning being no matter how many threads I would open to try and generate interest hardly anyone comments on them and it all honesty I have no idea what would really be of interest to what few people visit here now.

Secondly hardly anyone posts and what is being posted does not generate any sort of conversation. 

I know the moderators have been over zealous with sanctions etc and this has basically destroyed this community so in your opinion should we keep trying or just say enough is enough ?

Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

I never post on this board but I do occasionally browse the topics.  It seems to me that the board periodically goes quiet but there are times when someone needs a bit of advice about a non-eBay issue and this is the place to get it.  Also, trading from home can be a very lonely existence and the opportunity to chat and get a bit of support here is most welcome.

I would not be happy to see such a useful board removed.

I bid, I win, I pay - you deliver
Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

It would be a shame to see the board go .......

I only ever make the occasional contribution to the board myself but it is a way for people to ask questions for non eBay related issues ....and it can be useful.

Dont give up just yet ......

Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

I agree, having found help here on non eBay subjects, and I am aware that to a lot of people these boards provide company through the night. I for one will read them as long as they are here; whether or not I reply depends on the content or my ability to help

Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

Maybe then it is just me ! The bringer of doom and gloom.

Well that is easily remedied ! As they say, sorted.

Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

Not another flounce DC
Photobucket
Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

nope ginap ! will not open threads now, just reply if someone needs advice on something and I can help. Not that I think I will need to help you with anything as you seem to know everything.

Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

surely without opening the thread you won't know fully what it is about ?

gina is right, you do rather have a reputation for flouncing

Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

shona could you help me please. If an opening post is not opening a thread what do you call it ? Just to clarify for me because I always thought you were opening a thread if you made the opening post. 

Thank you.

Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

so you actually meant you wouldn't start any new threads ?  

that's not what you wrote.  

hence my question about knowing exactly what a thread is about without opening it  i.e. hitting the title and reading the first reply.

e.g. right now petal's recent thread, something about good news / happy ending, i haven't opened the thread just seen the title of it and even by hovering my mouse over the title didn't tell me enough so i'm stilll in the dark.

that's what i understand by not opening a thread.

Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

Waves to shonafp    🙂
(tis CK)

Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

That's what I meant shona ! I always just classed as opening a thread as being the one who posted the title and opening post. In my opinion me STARTING a thread is the kiss of doom  Robot LOL  Robot LOL

Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

waves back to ck ( no good at emotions - is that what they are called ?  think i can do a smiley face... 🙂

how is your beautiful grandaughter ?

Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

I often post here, this is where most of my post count comes from!

Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

I post here when a thread is worth replying to ......................... just popping in here to wave to a few peeps

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

i dont post as much as i did either these day

i lurk around SC these days, just to keep up tp date witth all the crsp ebay throw

sometimes  i cant believe they still have people coming to the boards  asking why they cant leave neg feedback,  or dont understand the fees

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 16 of 17
See Most Recent

@shonafp wrote:

waves back to ck ( no good at emotions - is that what they are called ?  think i can do a smiley face... 🙂

how is your beautiful grandaughter ?

Still beautiful, as good as gold & she still spends an awful lot of time with us  🙂
..... She's two & a half now & has everyone wrapped around her little finger  🙂 

Message 17 of 17
See Most Recent