Jigsaw Question

I have a number of jigsaws. Other than actually doing the puzzles, how can I be sure they are complete.

Can I simply count the pieces.

When the number of pieces are stated on a jigsaw, ie  500, 1000 etc. is this the exact number of pieces or an estimated amount

Photobucket
Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Jigsaw Question

they should be correct numbers

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Jigsaw Question

It is the exact number of pieces - but if you are going to say "complete" then you really do need to do them, not just count. It's not complete if some of the pieces are from a different jigsaw.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Jigsaw Question

They are not always the exact number so you need to do them. 

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Jigsaw Question

Yes, I agree, they're not always exactly 500/1000 pieces etc.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Jigsaw Question

Like bytes in a megabyte (1030 I think) it is rounded down for ease of reference.  As a connoisseur of QUALITY puzzles - not bragging, but at any one time I have over 140 of them, like Ravensburger, Gibsons, Falcon and Clementoni, who are second only to Ravensburger, I can categorically say the QUALITY ones have 1008 pieces.  Those of lower quality like Smiths, or King have 1000 pieces.

Most of Ravensburger puzzles are 1000 pieces, but their 500 piece puzzles contain 500 pieces as stated on the box.  With the top four I mentioned, you should be able to almost lift the puzzle on it's side without it falling to pieces, and the quality of the box it come in should be a dead give-away to it's contents.  Count the pieces carefully.  If you count out 1007 pieces, reject it.  The pieces cut from the jig must be divisible by four.  Don't take a chance - people remember others for their errors, not for their accuracy.  If you're going to take a chance, clear yourself by saying sold as seen.  Then there are no comebacks.  I've sold literally hundreds of puzzle over the years and have only come unstuck three times.  I usually put  "Any queries please contact me directly."  I hope this helps.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent