I have really screwed up this time

Now it is a well known fact that every time I go away I manage to forget something.

Well, what do you imagine that I have left behind this time?

My wallet and cheque book - no dosh, no credit cards, no cash card.

Boss just laughed at me and handed me a fistfull of dollars (literally), so my plans for last minute shopping are saved.

What have you forgotten to pack?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

wow Stroppy are you in the USA? you lucky lady, will you be home for Christmas.

I have only ever forgot medication and toiletries. I'm such an organiser I write lists all over the place!!

hope you are well. and thankyou for the gift and card x

Photobucket

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

I've forgotten to take enough medication once and another time, I forgot to pack a toothbrush.

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

I am in Miami - sadly working 16 hour days, will be back Xmas Eve.

I am trying to work strange hours to avoid contact with staff as I have a flaming awful cold, and a chest infection.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Oooh Miami nice and warm for you Stroppy. Get well soon. Good job you have a boss with excess dollars.
Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Yes! One time when I went to stay with my Dad (I live in Kent, he lives in East Lothian) I forgot to take any knickers. Not a problem as I just got some more.  But how I managed to forget I don't know.

Much worse to have no wallet or cards especially in the US, glad you can still shop 🙂

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Set off the day before for my Father in Laws funeral..... dressed casual...jeans and trainers.... checked into hotel.... went down for breakfast in the morning.... back to room to get changed into 'funeral attire'....

VIV... have you seen my shoes?.....

No... did you forget to pack them?

So with about half an hour before the funeral I had to dash into town... buy a pair of suitable shoes... and get back in time for the 'main event'.....

Ignore anything under this ^^^^^ line... It's just my signature....
Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

I almost always forget my toothbrush and have to buy another one, and I always forget to buy another one until about 10pm!

I forgot my swimsuit once when I went to Cornwall in summer and love swimming in the sea.  I had to buy another, which was surprisingly difficult at a holiday town in August (but I could have bought a winter coat easily! How ridiculous is that?!)

I forgot hubby's pyjamas once, forgot my coat once when going away for work and it peed down continuously so I had to

buy a cagoule - in fact twice I did that - once in Kent and once in Scarborough.

Hubby went away with work once and forgot/accidentally threw away (can't remember which) his return plane ticket.  I was

out at work and (luckily) had his flight information with me so had to go and photocopy it and email it to him, courtesy of a kind

company who let me use their copier and computer.

Aren't we silly?!

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

When we set off for Scotland on holiday I always spend the first half hour of the journey working out what we have forgotten (there's always something) and always feel relieved when it's only the binoculars or something like that.  Once it was my jacket (stopped at services and bought a fleece) and another time it was OH's boots; we had to go and buy a new pair when we arrived.

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Once went off for a weekend with odd shoes.  Got halfway through changing out of my disreputable worn out green crocs into the clean, shiny blue pair I was keeping for outings when somebody interrupted..  Now 1 green and 1 blue shoe for the weekend is kind of embarrassing - especially as there was NO shoe shop anywhere nearby, never mind one with anything to fit me.  

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

in days of old my granny went up the street to a local shop (shop had two frontage doors) she had just settled into the chair when some of the family asked "wheres the child?"

yep parked outside the first door she had went into, was the baby in the pram. 

she had left from the other one.

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent