HELP - Brother KA 8310 linker wont move.

bitsandbobse
Contributor

Can anyone help I can not figure out why its not moving every thing seams ok,

or point me in the right direction to get help.

Thank you

You tube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt3PKsuN5gg&feature=youtu.be

Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

Can you post a working link?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

http://www.knittersreview.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=58416

is it a knitting machine BITS?

if you could give us more details

Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

bitsandbobse
Contributor

hope this works 🙂

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt3PKsuN5gg

thanks for the replies, going to have a look at the link thanks.

Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

bitsandbobse
Contributor

Its a linker for casting off work

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

hey bits........... sending you here........... one of the best sewing etc forums on the net

http://www.thesewingforum.co.uk/index.php

i am sure the ladies in there can help you out;-)

Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

duh moment

http://www.knittingforums.org.uk/

also a great help

Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

bitsandbobse
Contributor

thank you 🙂

Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

You probably don't have it positioned correctly or the needles are not all in the right position when you start. A machine knitting forum is your best bet. I hope you get sorted.:-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

just google forums on knitting machines........... as maggie said

the sewing forum i gave also do all sorts of crafts.

Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

? Check your machine bed &  needle alignment - you might have a 'foreign body' or a machine needle hook stuck in the linker gubbins if either it wasn't perfectly straight or you were fair belting along.

If you have, don't try & force it - it's a case of deep breaths, steady hands & a lot of patience. Try to get either a very, very fine crochet hook or a needle from the machine into where the jamming is then try to unhook the machine needle hook from the linker hook using the crochet hook. Might take a fair bit of shuggling but should work free eventually. You might need to be a bit of a contortionist to see under the linker!

Try turning the handle to move the linker a couple of millimetres to the left & to the right to see if that loosens anything.  Might give you a wee bit more room to get the crochet hook into the gap.

When it does, change the offending needle in the machine & make sure the linker needle hasn't been put out of line too. If you're careful, you can sometimes straighten it with a pair of pliers but wrap a wee bit of cloth / padding round the jaws of the pliers first.

Also, check the gate pegs round where it jammed - sometimes they can get bent, even just slightly, but it's enough to jam the linker.

Good luck, hope one of these works for you 🙂

Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

I think I just had this same problem. If you look under the dial on the left when you're turning it you can see a lever that's not moving. It's connected at the top and back of the carriage to the lever that opens the latch to allow the needles to pass through. I wd-40 'd (Gasp I know, bad right?) all connected parts and now it works. Hope this helps.
Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

This post was back in May. I expect it's sorted by now.

Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

Hi,

I solved this with my linker and have posted the instructions to fix it on the You Tube page the original questioner has put up That's here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt3PKsuN5gg

I would have posted it here too, but for some reason I can't paste it here and it's too long to type all over again!!

Hope it helps anyway.

Ann

Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent