Creating a new identity - who would you be?

If you could do a Reggie Perrin i.e. creare a new you, what would you be?  I'd change my name, be ten years younger, add four inches to my height, and have a full head of hair and matching beard.  I'd have a 40' cabin cruiser moored in the South of France and finally I'd create two brothers where we'd go horse riding in the Pyranees.  Finally in my twilight years, I'd settle in Perth, Western Australia.  Sad or what?Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 21
See Most Recent
20 REPLIES 20

A bit sad you aren't happy with the life you have made first time around. Perhaps you will be what you desire next time.Woman Happy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 21
See Most Recent

Hmmm...  It's not that I'm not happy with this life - God's kept me fairly OK health-wise, it's just I sometimes wonder how things might have turned out had I pursued my ambitions in certain directions.  My late father was tied up in the aircraft industry and I occasionally wonder whether I would have ended up buying and selling light aircraft like people buy and sell cars.  We both got the green light to emigrate to Australia where my relatives are but never went.  Instead I got a job in the City (London) met my wife, and settled down to thirty-five years of happy married life.  Thus said, it doesn't stop you from pipe dreaming - everybody want's to be slightly what they're not.  I would have wanted three boys and been a grandfather, but it wasn't to be   

Message 3 of 21
See Most Recent

I do actually know what you mean Frederick, I had the opportunity to work in America when I first left university but because I was married I decided not to take it up, now although the opportunity is still on offer I now feel I'm too old to take it on, but I often wonder if I had gone what I might have achieved . But you make these decisions & have to live with them!.

**********Sam**********
Message 4 of 21
See Most Recent

Uncle Sam, eh?  Now there's a missed opportunity! Smiley Happy  You'll never know.  Somebody I knew decided to emigrate.  He told me the first thing you do after settling in is scrape together every penny you have to come back to the UK for a holiday to get it out of your system.  Do the same again after two years.  There wouldn't be a third t ime, because by then it would be out of your blood, because by then you'd already be established and be looking at either holiday resorts on the Australian coast or holidays abroad like Singapore.  With me, it would be different - I've never been homesick, not even once.  In my case it was because of our nomadic lifestyle.  I was travelling between the UK and Cyprus from six months old for nearly ten years because of my father's job - he worked for B.E.A. (British European Airways) so half my schooling was done in Nicosia, the other half in the UK.  Having a round b-m I took boarding school in my stride.  I was already used to being separated from my parents for long stretches at a time.  I've always had the wanderlust.

Message 5 of 21
See Most Recent

Err! In my case it would be aunty Sam. lol. But I take your point.

**********Sam**********
Message 6 of 21
See Most Recent

Auntie Sam??  

Err... we're not quite there.  "Uncle Sam" is a personification of the populace of the  Americas or, more to the point, America itself, just as Bill Bloggs is an archtypical English plumber.

Message 7 of 21
See Most Recent

Yes I do actually know that! 'Twas my feeble attempt at a funny!!. lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 8 of 21
See Most Recent

As long as it's not Sam FOX that's alroght. Smiley Wink  Remember her?  I wouldn't mind, but she was just a normal topless model.  At that time my late father and I used to go camping in the south of France where "Sam Foxes" were ten cents a dozen.  To me, she was conning the Sun who were conning us, and fancy using your real name!  I'd much rather have seen a picture of Margaret Thatcher on page 3.  It was a waste of a third of a page.

I'm going to leave myself open to ridicule here, but I'd far rather see a girl in a bikini or a pretty dress than someone exposing themselves for all to see.  Be honest, forgetting the money she was supposed to have made, if your daughter, for instance said:"Mum, I wanna be a topless model."  Would be proud of her?

Message 9 of 21
See Most Recent

Hmmm! Not quite sure how to answer that Fred, the world is changing so fast & let's face it the demand is always there. No I wouldn't want a child of mine to do it but that's because I wouldn't have done it, if you have the confidence & are safe. & not exploited then I cannot in honesty say either it's wrong or right.

**********Sam**********
Message 10 of 21
See Most Recent

I think i would just maybe have gone back to being twenty,, got a bit better job with better prospects ( i dont mean a Bank trader in Wall Street or anything either) and gone out to Australia or one of the Carribean Islands to live and work. Then got my own business up and running early on in life. But i dont really want to change anything. There are a lot of Woulda , Coulda, shouldaves in life but theres no need to dwell on it. Your path you take is whats meant for you i think.heart

Message 11 of 21
See Most Recent

Wise words Rose! Your right , get on & enjoy what you have no point in looking back on what could have been it ain't gonna happen!.
But we all fall into the trap & continue to do it!.lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 12 of 21
See Most Recent

Yes For the minuite i will continue to Scrub loos and Hit people with me MOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

cleaning.jpg

Message 13 of 21
See Most Recent

Gracie Fields scrubbed loos on her way to making money! Smiley LOL

Remember?  Sally, Salee, don't ever wanduer ...   If ever there's ever been a singer known for just one song 

The problem with her was she never knew when to bow out with grace.  Many, many years ago she was invited to sing Bless This House on Stars on Sunday.

My God, it was a cringe factor of ten!  They should never have done it to the poor girl - she could just about speak the words!

Message 14 of 21
See Most Recent

@rose2008-2008 wrote:

Yes For the minuite i will continue to Scrub loos and Hit people with me MOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

cleaning.jpg

What ya doing with CG's cleaner rose ?Woman LOL

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 15 of 21
See Most Recent

Perhaps I'd be my boss, then I could decide not to close the company I work for

and I could still carry on working there.

Seriously, Rose is right, our path is there and we must follow it, for it probably leads

to a bit of our lives that has to be.  Maybe I would stay as I am and see what happens.

Message 16 of 21
See Most Recent

I had so many ideas when I was young,  I really wanted to be a ballerina, but I was turned down for the royal ballet because I was too small.

I wanted to join the Navy,

I wanted to go to art college.

We were going to emigrate to New Zealand a few years ago, but I was afraid to leave my parents.

I wanted and still want to be a lady of leisure.

Who knows what I could have been, but I am what I am and we can't go back in time I have had a good life,

I might not have fulfilled all my ambitions and done everything I wanted to do, but most of that was through fear of the unknown,

Maybe I would be more courageous, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Message 17 of 21
See Most Recent

CGs got a cleaner ha ha ,,,bless her. If she ever has problems i will go and do it for her.

You sound a bit like me Ed though if im honest. Perhaps i should have been braver but oohh well. Im me!!!!.Woman Happy

Message 18 of 21
See Most Recent

Life is the great rollercoaster.

Regrets - NO!

If I had not of tried it or been there or done it I would not be the man I am today.

I am the sum total of the experiences I have had, the people I have met and the deeds I have done.

Happily married, in work and in credit - what more can you ask of life.

Who would I rather be?

ME!

I am happy in my own skin.

And on the great day when we are all called to account, hopefully I will pass the test.

Message 19 of 21
See Most Recent

Nice post!

**********Sam**********
Message 20 of 21
See Most Recent