Colchester Zoo

Just wondered what Colchester zoo is like and if its worth a visit? Has anyone been?

Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

Colchester Zoo

Sorry Carol, not us, the last time we went somewhere like that was Longleat that was good.

Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

Colchester Zoo

You struck it lucky Carol as my son in law just arrived and I asked him as they go with the children regularly. The painter that's here  agreed with him too.  He said it's well worth going, it's a great day out.  Rather pricey, (I suppose most places are these days) but you need to be quite able bodied as there are some quite steep inclines on the walk round.  Woman Happy

Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

Colchester Zoo

Oh, that's great, CG, thank you. I suppose I can google it but I prefer personal views on things like that. Will put it on the "to do" list and get saving up. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

Colchester Zoo

we use to take the kids and i agree with cg it is expensive to get in and very steep paths.my only query would be ...i thought the pens and runs were very small compared to other places we have been.they seem very crammed in..but that is just my opinion....

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

Colchester Zoo

Had a look online and the admission prices are  £20 per adult; think that's as steep as the paths!

Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

Colchester Zoo

laffin.gifmost zoo's cost about that don't they? hope you enjoy yourselves.

Photobucket

Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

Colchester Zoo

the big ones round here are about 12.95 per adult

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

Colchester Zoo

The nearest zoo to me is at Chester and the cost to go in there is £22 which includes a £2 donation.  I've just remembered that we have a safari park about three miles away and we've never been there yet.

Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

Colchester Zoo

For the safari park, it would cost the same for my mum on pensioner rates as it would for Grace whose 3.  I'd have to pay a tad more but you can get an annual membership which works out a lot cheaper.

Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

Colchester Zoo

Colchester is a lovely place you'll enjoy it , there is lots to see & has lots of history especially connected with the Romans & Queen Bodica , it's one of the Roman forts she raised to the ground on her revenge killings.

**********Sam**********
Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

Colchester Zoo

Sounds as if it would be nice Carol,, and the Zoo,, oh Zoos are lovely!!!.

Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

Colchester Zoo

I've been to Colchester Zoo numerous times (coach driver!) and I like it.

There is a lot of walking to see everything and it can get very busy in the

summer.

There are plenty of places to eat, or to have your own picnic.

Yes, it's pricy to get in, but not particularly more than other attractions

which are around the £20-00 mark nowadays.

Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

Colchester Zoo

Thanks, Fishy. It's that long since Ive been to a zoo, I'm obviously out of touch with the prices. Sounds like its definitely worth going.

Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

Colchester Zoo

Pleasure Carolyorkie.

When I'm working I don't have to pay to get in but we've been with our children too

and always thought it reasonable value.  They have a good conservation programme

too and the animals always seem happy.  They are replacing some of the older

enclosures and occasioanlly put animals in a temporary enclosure while they do

that, hence them sometimes being smaller than perhaps would be best.

There is quite an extensive play area for little ones too. big wooden castle type

thing they climb about in/on, with seats for adults to keep an eye from.  The

falconry displays are good too.

Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

Colchester Zoo

Last time I visited it, I got stung by a wasp...!!Smiley Mad

Message 16 of 17
See Most Recent

Colchester Zoo

you mean one escaped??suprised smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 17 of 17