download a simple dll

Photobuckethmm i been having a bit of trouble this week, and now i have a notice telling me i'm not connected to the IE,

ok so of i went to google to find a dll

now theres that many and all want me to download other stuff, which my brain can't cope with

so anyone know of a better way

the dll is qt5quick.dll

thanks for helping Smiley Very Happy

Petal
Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

download a simple dll

Hi, Petal - LTNS.

dlls (dynamic link libraries) are a Microsoft thing. I thought you'd gone over to the Dark Side moved to a Google Chrome Book?

Jesting aside - if you post a little more detail, perhaps one of the Windownistas might be able to help. The sort of things which might help:

What operating system are you using?

By "IE," do you mean Internet Explorer - or the internet, perhaps?

When does the message appear?

Could you post a screenshot? It would be interesting to know exactly what the error message says. Presumably it tells you that the offending dll is missing.

I'd share your reluctance to simply download the dll from one of the sites offering them free. You just never know what other free gift might be included!

A couple of things you might try in the meantime:

The usual - check that Windows is fully up to date.

Check that you have the latest .net version installed and updated (saw that somewhere on the internet - sorry, I didn't bookmark it.)

If you've installed a program recently, try reinstalling it. Might be an idea to use something like Revo Uninstaller to get rid of any traces first.

Something which worked for me a couple of times on older versions of Windows - use the "Search" function to see whether the offending dll is, in fact, hiding on your hard drive somewhere. If it is, it might be possible to point whichever program is complaining towards it.

A system restore to a date prior to the problem occurring might also do the trick.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. The only other suggestion I can make is that you consider trying the same as some of the rest of us - ditch Windows and install some version of Linux. I've just found it so much easier and less obnoxious. Nothing's perfect, of course, but it just doesn't seem to cause me as much bother. (The problem which sometimes arises is that you might already be tied in to some piece of software which only works on Windows.)

An interesting problem - do let us know how you get on. It could well help somebody!

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

download a simple dll

A couple more thoughts.

If you reinstall the troublesome software, make sure that you do so with full administrator privileges.

Although that somehow doesn't look like an original Windows dll (but I really haven't a clue), it might just be worth running a System File Check.

From an elevated command prompt (ie run your command prompt as administrator), type sfc /scannow   (there's a space after sfc) - that sometimes solves mysterious Windows problems - certainly up to W7.

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

download a simple dll

PhotobucketHello Otherego, thanks for helping hope your well

i'm useing windows 7 ultimate

pc is working but looks different and is really really slow

i ran sfc /scannow and something flashed up to fast for me to see

heres what i'm now getting in center of page instead of a different worded message at bottom right

error.gif

Petal
Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

download a simple dll

Photobuckethmm me again

just googled mbamtray and it tells me to switch of pc and wait 10 secs then press reset button on router thingy and switch on again

it said no connection between the two

going to try now

error2.gif

Petal
Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

download a simple dll

Photobucketwell i made it back

no warning this time but pages are still different

Petal
Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

download a simple dll

Might it help to reinstall Malwarebytes?

I am currently reduced to using Edge for pages that I used to use Chrome, then Internet Explorer, for - lots of things going wrong, pages not responding etc  😞

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

download a simple dll

PhotobucketThanks Scyllabub, i'll try that too

it,s takens nearly 40 mins to get here today

Petal
Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

download a simple dll

PhotobucketRight ok, i got ridof malware thingy then switched of pc and router

then switched back on router and pressed the reset button then the pc and it all seems back as it was

a clearish bar at bottom of pic instead of a solid bar

.as is.gif

Petal
Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

download a simple dll

This gives a little more information on enabling/disabling/adjusting transparency effects, in case you want to customise your desktop to your own preference:

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/283-transparency-enable-disable.html

It should be safe to reinstall Malwarebytes if you want to - I think! I'd be inclined to go for the free version without real time protection, but whatever suits...

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

download a simple dll

PhotobucketThanks i may reinstall it later, things are running a lot faster and better at the moment

Petal
Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent