seller received a return but not paying

I returned a damaged chandellier to the seller via EVRI. I have got proof that he seller has received it. I had provided ebay with the tracking number, as I had to open the case, but the system DOES NOT show the status as "delivered" to the seller, the reason the seller is not paying back. He is using the system. It is frustrating not to be able to get money back. Especially frustrating when the seller has received his parcel and is not responding. I wish it was resolved quicker, I do not understand why it takes so long. The purchase was made in October, it is December alreay  & no sign of resolving it. Just dispair!

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tracking is notoriously slow to update on eBay, if you find the refund is not being processed when said,  then contact eBay Customer services give them the tracking numbers,  explain it Has shown delivery.

To Contact Customer Services it's a Live Chat, or you can select o speak and request a Call Back. Click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. aand 6 p.m.

@york.gs 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

I'm very sorry , but it looks like the option to escalate to eBay is not there , because you have run out of time.

Opening a case gives the seller 3 days to accept and refund you.  If they want their item back they pay for that tracked postage,  and they they have 48 hours to refund.

If those timelines pass with no refund,  you Must escalate,  then eBay step in and force the refund.

If you do nothing,  and do not escalate,  the case times out and closes in 30 days due to inactivity.  You cannot open another case for this item,  with eBay.

You will need to turn to your card provider now,  for help with your refund.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Many thanks for your reply. I have managed to escalate the case. Ebay has advised that if he doesn't pay back by the 22nd of December, they will step in again. BUT! The tracking on ebay is not showing that he's received the parcel, though he has. What if it doesn't show at all? 

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Tracking is notoriously slow to update on eBay, if you find the refund is not being processed when said,  then contact eBay Customer services give them the tracking numbers,  explain it Has shown delivery.

To Contact Customer Services it's a Live Chat, or you can select o speak and request a Call Back. Click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. aand 6 p.m.

@york.gs 

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent