fraud

Just want to make people aware about people collecting there item from you and paying by paypal.

I had a man from Manchester who was a mechanic travel about 80 miles to collect a car part from me .

About 2 weeks later had an email from paypal saying he hadn't had it . Obviously I was fuming about this .

Didn't here no more , thought the man had a conscience but today paypal paid him £120 plus £14 ebay fees for the priviledge .

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

fraud

The best way to protect yourself for a collection item after purchase is to accept cash, then there's no comeback.

If a QR code is not presented, this proves collection but, it's not mandatory to have this , as both seller and buyer have to have the app to manage this.

Cash is best,  but other forms of payments cannot be refused.  If there is no QR code,  always print off a copy of the order details showing  item,  price paid,  and date of collection,   and have it signed by the person collecting.

You do still leave yourself open to item not as described cases if buyer pays with card or PayPal,  as above,  cash is the best option here.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

fraud

Sadly this is more common than people realise. 

If you are selling items that are collection only try to accept only cash or bank transfer. 

Obviously this is not easy and if the buyer insists on paying through ebay checkout there isn't much you can do except to ask if they would kindly pay cash if you refund them.

I'm sorry you have met up with one of ebay's less savoury characters, it's a hard lesson to learn.

******************************************************************************************