PRESENTATION DAGGER POLICY VIOLATION

I HAD A PRESENTATION DAGGER IN A BOX LOADED FOR SALE AND EBAY CLOSED IT AS A POLICY VIOLATION BUT SEARCHING EBAY WITH JUST THE WORDS-BAYONET OR DAGGER ,LOTS OF ITEMS ARE THERE FOR SALE 

WHY THE HIPOCRSY?

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

It's not hypocrisy, it's just that the site is too massive for eBay to check each  and every listing on their site.  At any one time,  there are 7 billion items for sale, so invariably some will slip the net and become listed.

Yours was spotted and reported and so removed,  once those others are spotted if they too breach a selling regulation they too will be removed.  eBay also rely on members to report items,  there's a report button down the right hand side of every listing.

One thing is certain please do not try and relist the item, this might bring about severe sanctions on your selling account.

You will need to find another site without this ruling to sell your item,  or perhaps even look to an auction house,  this items sounds as if it might do well there.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

The system is a failure then ...i checked the policy and my item is not
listed on there as a banned item.
Help desk useless as well..kept me waiting for 30 minutes then cut off.
I will relist on another normal site which doesnt have such hang ups and
let them make the money.
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

It would be the word dagger that has probably brought the attention to the bots and the automated response was to remove your item.

Yep,  unfair as it seems,  cannot disagree there,  but I'm sure describing the item as a ' dagger' has drawn this attention and ultimately the removal of the item.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

".i checked the policy and my item is not
listed on there as a banned item."?

It clearly is.

Tressygirl was spot on !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/knives-policy?id=5047

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

please show me exactly which one it clearly is? If you have the knowledge to say because I have and its not listed there at all

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

"Knives and other bladed products are generally prohibited on eBay"

Without being able to see your now removed listing it makes it difficult to pinpoint the exact violation of eBay policy which triggered the automated removal by a bot.

You are not being singled out... it is a regular occurrence which is just as regularly discussed here.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent