Non payers

Is anyone else having trouble with non paying bidders. Also does anyone else think buyers get too long to pay, it takes an age to go through the process and then you can't leave negative feedback 

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Non payers

You can open non-payer case after 4 days and all sellers affected should do so.  Two such will get such buyers restricted from buying.  Sellers cannot ever leave -ve feedback and it is a breach of rules to try and leave -ve comment on a +ve green dot.  @chihuahuamama62 

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Non payers

Buyers get four calendar days in which to pay. After that, you simply cancel the sale, five days after the transaction took place using 'buyer hasn't paid'.

• The non-paying 'buyer' receives an unpaid strike on their account (2 in a 12-month period will hinder their buying from many sellers)
• Any fees you were charged are credited back
• You can safely re-list the item (or offer it to an under bidder)
• The non-paying ‘buyer’ cannot leave feedback

Tighten up your buyer requirements by blocking buyers who caused 2 cancellations of unpaid purchases within 12 months.

Then, block the buyer.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/BuyerBlock 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Condragulations, you are the winner of this week's challenge!
Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Non payers

Yes, I know all this but it’s so frustrating, thanks
Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Non payers

ITs a lot easier now than it used to be, and quicker. Also as a seller you haven't been able to leave a -ve feedback for years.

ITs better to "punish" non paying buyers by following the correct procedure. 

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Non payers

I am aware of all the rules, policies etc. , just finding it frustrating 

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Non payers

Four days is far too long to wait for payment. Would an actually auction house wait four days NO

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Non payers

I feel it would be really helpful to see whether a buyer has been a non payer on their feedback page - even if it's not possible to leave personal feedback.

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Non payers

I have been saying this for ages. You dont get four days to pay at a real auction

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Non payers

I agree, buyers can see sellers  negative and neutral feedback, but there is no way to see a buyers non payment cases. While I don't want to see negative feedback re-introduced, why can a seperate column not be included to show how many non payment cases have occurred.  It might even discourage "buyers" bidding or making offers when they have no intention of paying.

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Non payers

doubtful eBay would bring such a thing in, especially when there are sellers who hit buyer's with an unapid strike to get their fees back..

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent