Negativ Feedback

Hell All,

Recently sold a Electric Manicure & Pedicure Nail File Set with Stand. The item was new in its sealed packaging. This particular item is also listed/sold by other sellers on ebay UK/Amazon and other other sites in the UK. However, a few days later the buyer left a nasty neg FB. This took me quite back because the buyer didn't contact me prior to the neg FB.
Replied to buyer that I'm very disappointed that she didn't contact me prior to neg FB and that I had no means of testing a sealed item for its functionality. I also said that it is not feasable to return a used manicure set for a refund. However, since this buyer seems to be an unreasable customer and just dishing out bad FBs without thoughts or communication. According to her numerous left neg FBs for other sellers she seems to be very "unlucky" with her purchases. However, a FB revision was sent to this buyer and also an offer for a partial refund.
However, she agreed to remove the neg FB but doesn't know how to go about it. Got in touch with eBay's CS for help for how to handle this. They advised to message buyer with further instruction. So, I am awaiting this buyer's reply.
I am very annoyed that I had to jump to many hoops to justify myself and my reputation as a seller on eBay. Would appreciate your thoughts. Thank you.

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Negativ Feedback

You've done everything you can from your end,  that is offered  a partial refund, and sent a feedback revision to complete.

Have they agreed to the partial refund?  Once this is accepted and given,  perhaps another polite message for them to complete that feedback revision.

It cannot be enforced for them to complete it, but perhaps after a refund,  they may agree.

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Negativ Feedback

Hi tressygirl,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes,  the buyer agreed to a partial refund but as said in my first message to her that after  the removal of the neg. FB that a partial refund would  be initiated.

As I view this buyer as not trustworthy I will not "reward" her with a refund before the neg FB is removed.

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Negativ Feedback

You are quire right to be wary,  but eBay do not involve themselves with partial refunds,  so will not advise you here what to do.

It is a risk going forward first with a partial refund, for which you are under no obligation to agree to.

Hard one to judge.    pheTartial refund given first ,  may prompt this buyer to complete that revision,  but again noting to enforce the to do so.

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Negativ Feedback

Thank you.  I know eBay's help is sometimes limited and you are on your own as to which way to go. 

But from past experience you know with "whom you are dealing with".

I will wait a couple of days and watch this buyer's response.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Negativ Feedback

Yep,  think I'd do the same,  good luck !

@adivinesoul 

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Negativ Feedback

unfortunately saying you will make the part refund only after the neg has been removed puts this into the feedback extortion area.

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Negativ Feedback

Update:  This "Lady-Buyer"  "managed" to review her FB into a positive one.  Messaged me of that and at the same time asked to arrange for a refund.  Acutally I offered her a full refund without a return since this item has been used now and cannot be re-sold for hygenic reasons. So, basically my loss entirely.

I refunded her fully on the same day and reminded her in a very friendly and kind manner that her actions have caused deep consternation.  She replied that she "didn't think" of contacting a seller before leaving a neg FB.  As said, according to her buying history her purchases were all from business sellers who flog their cheap chinese merchandise on ebay.  And she left quite a number of neg FBs for these sellers. 

What concerns me is that genuine UK private sellers becoming more and more marginalised with the ever increaing number of  "private-business" sellers located in China and operating/masquerading as UK-eBay sellers.  Well, obviously many buyers do not know or don't want to know who is behind a listing.  Buyers who are unhappy with a product will therefore quickly  "rate" a product with a neg FB just like on Amazon.  But eBay is NOT Amazon!  I think eBay would like to get rid of these pesky small private sellers with their second hand /used litte items which don't bring enough revenue.

That's all for today!

Thank you all for  your comments.

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Negativ Feedback

.... puts this into the feedback extortion area........I beg your pardon ????

I asked (!) the buyer to review the FB and after that a refund will be initiated.

I have already spoken to eBay CS and they have fully backed me. 

I just don't want my account trashed by an unreasonable/not trustworthy random buyer.  that's all.  Buyers like her will be blocked for good  after the case is solved. 

I might even report this buyer for falsely using eBay's MBG.  

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent