Converting Personal Account to a Business Account

I have been selling on ebay using my Personal account and have a star rating of 59 and have  sold over 30 items with 100% rating. I have enjoyed the 80% discount on seller fees which enables me to earn a bit more on the items I have sold.  I don't know if I should convert my  personal account into a business account or open a new business account with zero rating ?  If I convert  my account to business and open a new personal seller account would I still enjoy the 80% discount on seller fees on my personal account ?  I want to start buying from wholesalers using my company and sell online. I also want to be able to sell using my personal account because I buy items from auctions.

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Hi.

There is no guarantee that a new personal account will receive fee promotions, though most do.  In your position I would open a new personal account, wait a couple of weeks to see if it gets the promotions and then convert your original personal account to a business account.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Hi

I never new you could have more than one personal account with the same name and details.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

You shouldn't sell items you buy at auctions on a personal account as selling anything you buy to sell is a business.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

"have a star rating of 59 and have sold over 30 items with 100% rating"

Thanks for the giggle lol.

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Nope you won't get the 70% - 80% promotions. Having a business account gives you other perks though.. ie if the item is under £10 instead of charging 30p to handle the money 10p is charged. You can have a shop front as well which you can pay extra for. Some people prefer to buy from a 'shop' rather then an individual. Put a toe in the water and see.....

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Nope you won't get the 70% - 80% promotions. Having a business account gives you other perks though.. ie if the item is under £10 instead of charging 30p to handle the money 10p is charged. You can have a shop front as well which you can pay extra for. Some people prefer to buy from a 'shop' rather then an individual. Put a toe in the water and see.....

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent