Compensation for wrong car parts delivered (parts fited and don`t work, more labour work to pay)

Good afternoon guys,

My vauxhall insignia clutch gone, soo need to order a new clutch kit and a new dual mass flywheel.

Put the reg on ebay, found my parts, ordered, fited and not working. 

Acording to ebay and there site that part is suitable to my reg, but its not.

Managed to order the right one from somewhere else.

Now who can i claim compensation for extra labour (they need to take the wrong flywheel of and install the right one, that mince same amount of work for a clucht changed), apart of the return refund of the part?

Thank you so much

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Compensation for wrong car parts delivered (parts fited and don`t work, more labour work to pay)

the person who fits must make sure part number is suitable for your car...also its not good practise to save some pennies and buy it by yourself and then pass item to fit for someone... they have to source part and fit with their knowlege ..its your fault after all

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

I did try to save some pennies (£800 I don't think is pennies) and
according to eBay and they're website that part fit's my engine. I don't
think is my fault at all.
Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

According to ebay? ohh no... you need to do in different way..check it manualy as part number and your car vin number and other bits...ebay is robot, ebay can do comparements and try to fit ..you still need to check it ..and if you dont have knowlege,ask someone who can consult professionaly to you about this..

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Your question was answered on your other thread on the member to member board. 

The seller is responsible for the accuracy of the listing, not eBay.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

I did send the registration in the comments on the order. 

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent